LS MT 225S

/ LS MT 225S #111  
but not sure how moving faster will hurt the tractor.

Been more than one thread here where people have broken front axles or loader mounts. Possible causes included hitting bumps with a bucket load. My yard is full of drops and divets from moles or erosion, roots, etc.

/ LS MT 225S #112  
I picked up the MT225S today, and have about an hour of testing on it. First reactions: Coming from the MT122, the MT225S has so much more engine vibration, and is louder. The hydraulics are so smooth and controllable in stark contrast to the MT122 which was hard to operate with small movements. But,boy is this thing tippy. I have a ballast box, but testing without it and operating the forks with a smallish load I started to go over on a slight slope, till the forks hit the ground. The MT122 seemed more stable, probably due to being lower. The transmission is also smooth and the pedals easy to get quick and accurate forward or reverse power. The MT122 by contrast has stiff pedals, and needed quite a bit of throttle to get the transmission going. Overall the difference in size, power, bucket strength and speed is more than I anticipated.
I agree on the tippy thing..."slight" incline going sideways ran over a buryed bolder, maybe 3" above ground I almost bailed out....thought it was going over....nothing in bucket, low gear. Pooped a little.

/ LS MT 225S #113  
**OLD THREAD ALERT***

So 3 years later, how are these MT 225S tractors holding up?

/ LS MT 225S #114  
**OLD THREAD ALERT***

So 3 years later, how are these MT 225S tractors holding up?
I am past 330 hours mostly used for mmm mowing. Had to rework deck wheels putting in bearings. However the tractor has been excellent. I added grapple it handles it well. If you read my earlier posts the tractor did landscaping in its beginning moving over couple hundred tons of dirt. No disappointment good value robust and reliable. I still feel unit could stand wheel spacers on the rear. Someday I will add spacers when inflation is not eating into my livelihood. I can say same for the xr3135 this unit has been good value also. No disappointment.

/ LS MT 225S #116  
I bought one in Jan., 2021 with loader new, for 15,500 delivered and dealer taking 2 tractors in trade from 200 miles away. If you haven't been in/on one, you need to check it out.

Only thing with these little tractors is you need to pay attention to what you are doing when doing loader work or if you live on hilly terrain. I don't think this problem is unique to this brand as I traded another brand in on this one....went from manual shift to hydro. and it had the same sensitivity. I added 4" spacers I made to the rear wheels which put the rear tires at the width of my 5' shredder and it helped a lot.

/ LS MT 225S #117  
I bought one in Jan., 2021 with loader new, for 15,500 delivered and dealer taking 2 tractors in trade from 200 miles away. If you haven't been in/on one, you need to check it out.

Only thing with these little tractors is you need to pay attention to what you are doing when doing loader work or if you live on hilly terrain. I don't think this problem is unique to this brand as I traded another brand in on this one....went from manual shift to hydro. and it had the same sensitivity. I added 4" spacers I made to the rear wheels which put the rear tires at the width of my 5' shredder and it helped a lot.
I am in agreement wheel spacers are must on any of this size tractor. I learned quickly with loader above the hood with dirt on uneven terrain it will start to tip. I always keep the loader below hood line when traveling with load on uneven ground. There is no disappointment with the tractor it is very robust not shy of torque for the loader use. Not bad on diesel use per hour either. No disappointments with this tractor. Looks like they will offer this tractor in 32 horsepower model in late 2024 with cab. They studied their competition to understand 25 hp tractor with cab and HVAC is under powered. I might look closely at the 32 hp unit. LS will offer it with a Yanmar diesel.

/ LS MT 225S #118  
I love my tractor.....bought with a backhoe. Bought a needle rake last month.....NEED a Snow Blower / Thrower....in 4ft or 5ft.....I NEED recommendations from the people who know.....YOU, please.
Looks a Titan and Woodmaxx. Need to purchase SOON.