LS MT240E

/ LS MT240E #1  

790greene

Tractor
John Deere 790
I'm getting a new 240E this week. Anything I should look out for? I am getting rid of my John Deere 790 finally. Also considering a toothbar, or cutting edge for the bucket. Any recommendations? Hopefully it serves me well.

/ LS MT240E #2  
I have the factory bolt on cutting edge on mine, I like it. Congrats.

/ LS MT240E #3  
I have the piranha bar sure made a difference on the
bucket

willy

/ LS MT240E
I have the factory bolt on cutting edge on mine, I like it. Congrats.
Do you have the 66" bucket? If so, any idea what the part number is? I'm looking for something to hopefully use factory holes. Thanks.

/ LS MT240E
I have the piranha bar sure made a difference on the
bucket

willy
I was looking at those as well. Do you have the 66" bucket? If so, were you able to use the factory holes? I'd rather not have to drill my bucket. Thanks.

/ LS MT240E #6  
Piranha asks the customer to carefully measure inside bucket width.

The Piranha bar you receive will have malleable arm mounts 1/8" narrower than the inside measured width

You then drill one hole through the SIDE of the bucket on each side and install bolt, nut and washer.

When you tighten bolt and nut Piranha is drawn tight to the two opposite sides of the bucket. I have never read on T-B-N of a correctly measured bucket + Piranha combination working loose.

Last edited:
   / LS MT240E #7  
I was looking at those as well. Do you have the 66" bucket? If so, were you able to use the factory holes? I'd rather not have to drill my bucket. Thanks.
yes, 66" bucket, yes factory holes
In 2020, the PN was 40381448 and the cost was $246

it's mounted in this pic, been on since day 1.

Attachments

• Tractor_Delivery.jpg
    Tractor_Delivery.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
   / LS MT240E
Piranha asks the customer to carefully measure inside bucket width.

The Piranha bar you receive will have malleable arm mounts 1/8" narrower than the inside measured width

You then drill one hole through the SIDE of the bucket on each side and install bolt, nut and washer.

When you tighten bolt and nut Piranha is drawn tight to the two sides of the bucket. I have never read on T-B-N of a correctly measured bucket + Piranha working loose.
Ok. That is how the tooth bar mounted to my John Deere. I was hoping to use the bottom holes to strengthen the bucket better. I have read the buckets are pretty flimsy nowadays. Thanks.

/ LS MT240E
yes, 66" bucket, yes factory holes
In 2020, the PN was 40381448 and the cost was $246
Ok great. Thanks. I greatly appreciate it. Bolts included as well?