LS MT240E

/ LS MT240E
yes, 66" bucket, yes factory holes
In 2020, the PN was 40381448 and the cost was $246

it's mounted in this pic, been on since day 1.
Ok. I see most tooth bars and cutting edges have pre drilled holes, but wasn't sure if the hole spacing is universal or what. I am just looking to strengthen the bucket. I've read that they are kinda flimsy and easy to bend without reinforcement. Thanks again.

/ LS MT240E #12  
Went and took a few specific pics. This is an LS part, as far as I know the different tractor manufacturer bucket holes aren't universal. If they were, Piranha, EA, etc, wouldn't need to ask for precise measurements. This LS part is also reversible, with a new cutting edge on the back side, so it can be flipped if you ever need it. I'd say this really strengthens the bucket in my opinion. It doubles the thickness.

Attachments

• CE4.jpg
    CE4.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 35
  • CE3.jpg
    CE3.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 38
  • CE2.jpg
    CE2.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 36
  • CE1.jpg
    CE1.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 38
   / LS MT240E
Went and took a few specific pics. This is an LS part, as far as I know the different tractor manufacturer bucket holes aren't universal. This LS part is also reversible, with a new cutting edge on the back side, so it can be flipped if you ever need it. I'd say this really strengthens the bucket in my opinion. It doubles the thickness.
Awesome, I greatly appreciate it. I will have to ask my dealer if it's in stock. I would like to get it on before I use the bucket. I would hate to bend it or something before I got it reinforced. Thanks again.

/ LS MT240E #14  
probably not in stock, but in the US, should be able to get it within 2 weeks. If you tractor isn't in stock and is being assembled and delivered, they can probably have it done by the time you get it. I had them install that, and weld on some chain and clevis hooks before it was delivered to me. These days, I'd probably go with bolt on hooks vs weld on, the quality of the welds don't impress me.

If were to do it again, I might go with something like this with a removable shackle. If you have a built in D ring, it's going to be banging around all the time.

Last edited:
   / LS MT240E
I added the Piranha bar to my LS bucket. Was not a big deal to do.
Yeah, I added a bar to my John Deere. Just would rather not drill my bucket until it's out of warranty in case something happens. I know how companies would not want to warranty it because it's been modified.

/ LS MT240E
probably not in stock, but in the US, should be able to get it within 2 weeks. If you tractor isn't in stock and is being assembled and delivered, they can probably have it done by the time you get it. I had them install that, and weld on some chain and clevis hooks before it was delivered to me. These days, I'd probably go with bolt on hooks vs weld on, the quality of the welds don't impress me.

If were to do it again, I might go with something like this with a removable shackle. If you have a built in D ring, it's going to be banging around all the time.

The tractor was there. Was just waiting for the backhoe, which should be delivered this week. I will ask them this week. I doubt I'll put hooks on it. I never used them on my Deere either. I try to avoid pulling anything with the bucket, out of fear of damaging a cylinder.

/ LS MT240E
I have the factory bolt on cutting edge on mine, I like it. Congrats.
Well, the dealership didn't come through for me on the LS. So I signed papers yesterday for a Kioti ck4020 instead. 🤷🏻‍♂️

/ LS MT240E
Will do, thanks.