LS Room for improvement.

/ LS Room for improvement. #21  
Gary, you are right they do have a Turbo. looking at the very minimum of advertisments on their paper work, no mention of a Turbo exists any where. I finnaly cancelled the 7030C, and ordered a 7010C I just did not like the 88hp being squessed from a 195 cu.in. Engine. I wished the 7010C had the After cooler fitted though I think I got a good price $35000. cab,fel,4x4. looking forward to getting it. dealer said about 2 weeks. I just hope the 7010C is man enough to pull a 15ft batwing. (just grass nothing big) I remember back in the mid 60's when Caterpiller came out with there Truck engine the 1693. 325hp put an aftercooler on and it became a 425 hp. I remember pulling the 3 sisters in Wyoming I would pass those 350 Cummins like they were standing still. alas time marches on. get to the top of the hill at the old "Husky" truck stop, and they would say 'You cant make any money running around Empty". I'd just laugh and open the back doors of the trailer, just to show 'em I was not empty. take care. John T

/ LS Room for improvement. #22  
According to the old adage, you need about 5 HP per foot of mower. 15x5=75 so you will be pushing the envelope with the 15 footer on the 7010. I dont think you will have a problem though as I see them on the highway with 60 - 70HP tractors pulling them all the time mowing some pretty high grasses. You could always turn up the injector pump on it though to get more HP knowing that LS does the same thing to get as much as 88 from the same framesize and engine. I would think that you could retrofit an intercooler to it easy enough also but likely would cost you more than the higher HP model to retrofit. My dealer tried to sell me a 7020 when I bought mine for $1000 more but I already had more tractor than I needed with the 7010. The 7020 had been in stock for a while and moved from another dealer who had also not been able to sell it which is why he was willing to sell it as cheaply as he was.

/ LS Room for improvement. #23  
$35,000 sounds like a reasonable offer. I didnt negotiate with the dealers at all and got mine for $35,500. I was working out of the country and only had 19 days at home and needed to get the deal done and the tractor delivered before returning to Africa to work. They had one in stock ready to deliver and I had the money so I signed the paperwork and the tractor was delivered the following day.
Did yours also come with a stereo/cd player. I thought that was standard equipment in the cab model but after seeing here that someone's dealer said AC wasnt standard, who knows what other areas get. In the south, they couldnt sell a cab without an AC & heater and likely even a stereo system although I rarely use mine.(stereo that is)

/ LS Room for improvement. #24  
I think the 7010C does come with a stereo. I did ask the dealer if I could get the 7010C with an after cooler and he said no. he also told me they no longer offer the 7020C as the price was so close to the 7030C people was paying the diff. which was around $7-800.00. so LS just discontinued the model. the only trouble adding a little more fuel is voiding the warranty. I will give the Tractor a few months to see how it performs and then I might add a little more. I'm a little leary though adding fuel as no aftercooler is present. maybe it might be okay, as long as I keep my foot out of it. I know what a little added fuel used to do to those Truck Engines, given to the wrong driver was a night mare. LOL. I just sold a NH TT75 2wd 75hp and it pulled a 12ft brush hog around the property very easily. I am counting on the 4x4 to add some more HP. hence the 15ft batwing. I'll borrow my neighbours and if its too much I'll just have to keep my 12ft hog and forget about the 15ft. take care.

/ LS Room for improvement. #25  
I dont think you will get more power with 4 WD but you will get excellent traction. I havent loaded the tires on mine and in 2 wd with a loader full of dirt or even wood, I cant back up a slight incline with it because the wheels just spin. Seems that about 70% of the pulling power is on the front wheels when you have the FEL attached. I really need to put some ballast on the rear to hold it down. So if you havent done it, have your dealer do that for you before you get it. I didnt think I would need it for that size tractor for the 50 HP equipment that I have, but I was wrong. The really good thing about the 7010C is the short turning radius. Those front tires really turn sharp. Make sure the hoses for the FEL are routed next to the cab and up over the FEL frame next to the exhaust stack. Mine were routed under the frame and up. I had them tied back but my ties broke and I ripped the male coupling off the diverter valves. Finally found a replacement at NH dealer $44 for two as I got a spare. LS dealer didnt have any instock and they are a weird size on the FEL that TSC or Atwoods didnt carry.

/ LS Room for improvement. #26  
LOL. yes your right Its the Traction not the horse power.( just had a Senior Moment.) I had the Chance to buy a McComick CX 95 (90 HP) 800 hrs for 35000.00 I hope I don't live to regret it. I love those tractors. they are pretty much loaded. 2 sets Hyd, air seat, 2 speed pto, exellent cab, big and roomey. I did notice when I sat in a 7030C, cab seemed a little, cramped maybe it was me, how do you feel about the cab?. I know the 7010 is a little smaller I know the tyre size's are smaller I hope that is all there is about the two tractor's. looking at the big 3 after pricing them out I think the LS "P" series, is a very good value for the money. I don't make a living Farming it's more to keep me busy, keep me out off the old lady's hair. LOL. Take care.

/ LS Room for improvement. #27  
When I first got mine, I would try to raise up out of the seat trying to see the FEL better. After a few knots on the head, my rise up reflex is now suppressed. The cab IS somewhat low but otherwise plenty large. Top of Cab is still above 100" so I guess they made it low profile to keep the overall height down but once you get above 8 feet, the next door height is 10 foot so I really cant see the logic in 103" or whatever. It is not nearly as large as some of the 250+ HP behometh farm tractors that have room for two and some even have a buddy seat, but it is sufficient in size to be comfortable in. Most of the levers and switchs that you use constantly are easy to get to also. I dont really like it that the differential lock is back behind you but for normal folks who can turn their head I suppose it is not an issue. I have 5 of the 7 vertebrae in my neck fused so I have to twist in the seat to get to the buttons behind me, therefore I dont wear the seatbelt as I should. The seat is lots better than my buddies NH CUT but it is not an air ride and will bottom out in rough ground. Not many tractors come with air ride suspension seats in the less than 100 HP though so just have to take it slow and easy in the rough areas which is MOST of my pasture area.

/ LS Room for improvement. #28  
LOL. I know what you mean about the rough ground. when we bought this property I had some one disc it for me and coming from the city not knowing anything about the way country folks live, I only had the guy do one pass. and leave it thinking that the winter would brake the soil down. big mistake this was 3 years ago and to brush hog the ground its an "***" whacker. that little TT75A NH Holland did a pretty good job but to add to the bumpy ride I had the bugs, and grasshoppers to contend (open station) with they had all that meadow to fly around in but they seemed to hang around me. this time with a Cab I'll be ready for "em. yes the ceiling of the Cab I was refering to it seems a little low, the air circulating vents seem to be right in your face. still for the price and the 5 year warranty I guess I can suffer a little. should I need to get into the Fuel pump is it an easy fix or do I have to hunt down a Diesel Shop?. I don't think the Guy I am buying the Tractor from would mess with it, anyway I don't want him to know too much. take care.

/ LS Room for improvement. #29  
Not many folks can claim to make a living off farming now days. When I got my 7010, I was looking for something in the size of my B-I-L's NH2030 Boomer which was in the $35,000 range. I looked at the MF 1652 online and it looked great, even made a deal on it for$35k with cab and QPS trans. However when I sat on it, I was really disappointed in the comfort and ergonomics of it. When I first found the LS brand, I was looking at a U5030 (I think- U50 series anyway but none had a cab in stock which was a requirement) but I was able to get the 7010 within what I had alloted for a tractor so I went with the Tim the tooman Taylor philosophy that bigger is always better. That is not always the case and many times, I will get out the old Yanmar to finesse on the FEL in close quarters. It is really hard for me to judge distance with the 7010 bucket and sitting in the cab without a ground spotter. With the 7010, you can do some damage and not even feel it touching or misjudge the ground level and dig a foot deep hole before you realize you have engaged the ground but I love the capacity it has for moving dirt/rocks. One bucket full is more than 3 of the NH2030 and 4 of the Yanmar.

/ LS Room for improvement. #30  
I wouldnt mess with the injector pump myself. Get a professional diesel mechanic to do that for you, preferable one with a dynamometer so you can check the PTO hp output as it is tuned up a bit. I think you should have plenty of power to pull that 15 foot BH in grass and light weeds. May have to go slow but sounds like you will need to go slow anyway. Like my place, I can pull the 6 foot BH with my 45HP Yanmar in road gear but you need a 6 point safety belt system to stay on it and it beats the heck out of the tractor and hog at that speed. I would think that you could pull it in Medium range 2nd thru 4th gear which is pretty fast. 2nd for the rough areas and then shift up as needed for smoother. Most of my place is too rough to run above about 1500 RPM in M 4 gear and sometime I have to reduce to 1000.