LS S3010 pics

/ LS S3010 pics #11  
its a branson with different colors:)
I thought Branson's had Cummings or Kujke engines, maybe not? Anyhow to the OP, I have a Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL that was made by LS and I love it, it has done more work than I thought it was capable of, good luck with your new tractor.

/ LS S3010 pics #12  
Hey Chrisdvorak, didn't you mean Montana with a diffeerent color? I'm not sure.

/ LS S3010 pics #13  
No, It's NOT a Branson! Read up on this. LS has a darn good background.

/ LS S3010 pics #14  
I plan on getting my S3010 next week with loader and hoe. I also am new at being a Tractor owner and hope to have made the right choice in LS. The price is what attracted me. The tractor is a beast for a 28.5 HP! My buddy who owns a Kubota 32HP was very impressed and somewhat envious. I am having the AG tires put on for better release of mud and snow. Let you all know what I really think next week.

/ LS S3010 pics #15  
Welcome to TBN. Congrats on the new tractor purchase. LS is one of the best tractors out there. Sold under so many other names in this country, smart to go with # 1. Good Luck, Trac

/ LS S3010 pics #16  
Have had my S3010 since May. It is a great tractor and handles a 72" woods finish mover with no problem.

Paul

/ LS S3010 pics #17  
I have 43 hours on my LS i3040 and love it. The Mitsubishi diesel is very easy on fuel and quite running. I am amazed at how clean burning it is, pull out the dipstick and the oil looks like it was just poured in. Getting close to the 50 hour service.

Good luck with your 3010

Etced

/ LS S3010 pics
OP here! About six months along now and I'm still pretty enthused. Still less than 50 hours on it. Unfortunately, my real working life is interfering with my tractor time. Also, I need to take and post some new pics of some of the mods I've done -- additional hooks and stuff on the bucket, lights, canopy, etc....

Now for a few detractions (some self inflicted).

Yeah, probably should have gotten rear dual remotes rolled in when I bought it. Maybe loaded rear tires too.

Here's something really annoying. When I complained about some non-working information lights in the gauge cluster my dealer told me (after calling LS) the gauge cluster is the same used on the "non-value" models and quite a few of the lights don't work: PTO, etc.... I'm pretty sure most buyers assume ALL the indicator lights on a gauge cluster work. At the very least the manufacturer should note something about non-functional lights in the documentation somewhere, or maybe put an informational sticker on the gauge cluster when it's on the dealer's lot. Looks like the lamps are in the cluster, but that they chose not to run the wiring from the various components to them. Thinking about trying to do it myself.

And as others have noted elsewhere, there is a fairly pronounced drive train whine.

Speaking of "whining", I guess that's enough for now. I still think it a great CUT for the price, even with the few detractions I've discovered -- just wish I'd know before hand.

/ LS S3010 pics #19  
I think that should be up to the dealership that sold you the tractor. My customers were always informed at purchase & delivery times. It only makes good business sense to inform your customers. Then again, I have several repeat customers. Trac

/ LS S3010 pics
I think that should be up to the dealership that sold you the tractor. My customers were always informed at purchase & delivery times. It only makes good business sense to inform your customers. Then again, I have several repeat customers. Trac

It's been 6 months but here's how I remember it. The operator's manual for the S3010 describes all those lights and what they do in detail. Why would you do that if they are intentionally inop? I was trying to do the right thing and go over the equipment before using it. It was while waiting on the glow plug warm up that I noticed only a few of the warning/information lights came on. So I called the dealer with a warranty issue. He didn't know so he called LS. Turns out is wasn't a warranty issue. (Perhaps it's a "feature" -- fewer instruments lights to worry about than the higher end model.) ;)

Maybe my dealer should have known about it. Maybe he did and didn't tell me. There are all kinds of dealer's out there and this is not the kind of thing LS should put in the hands of any dealer in my opinion. I can change dealers (live in big metro area), but I've invested in the brand now. If LS ever wants to get anything like the kind of respect that green and orange has, they'll need to do better than this.