LS tractor bargain days?

/ LS tractor bargain days? #11  
It is the obvious replacement for the I3040 which the same dealer last year sold for $16,900.

Man I hate bargaining for the best price. Now I feel I need to do more research. I would be pissed if I found out I paid 5K over just because it is here and I want it. :confused:

Only one dealer for me, may have to relook at the others. The LS was my choice but why would the price change so much?

/ LS tractor bargain days? #12  
Man I hate bargaining for the best price. Now I feel I need to do more research. I would be pissed if I found out I paid 5K over just because it is here and I want it. :confused:

Only one dealer for me, may have to relook at the others. The LS was my choice but why would the price change so much?

Something doesn't sound right. The dealer finder on the LS Tractor USA site is known to only give the closest dealer. Not sure if Canada has an equivalent to that or not, but I've noticed there are more dealers popping up every day.

Some of my friends feel the same way you do about bargaining when buying a car, so they take me -- I do the deal and they sign the paperwork. I bet you you have some family or friends that can help you drive a hard bargain. BUT, the first thing you have to do is be patient and let them know you are looking at other options. A good dealer just wants to make a reasonable profit, so don't feel bad about negotiating for a fair deal. If your dealer knows you are in a hurry, then send a friend alone to see what kind of offer he can get. Could part of it be some kind of VAT?

/ LS tractor bargain days?
When I bought my tractor, there wasnt a lot of dealers from which to get a price but of the 3 that I checked (one in Texas and 2 in Ark.) they were all in the ball park for price (right out of the book) There is room for negotiation on the book price but not much. You can always get a better deal on hold overs that are costing the dealer money to set on the lot and for the most part, the tractors dont change a lot from year to year. I mean my 2010 LS is pretty much just like my old 1970 model 9000 Ford. It has a motor, transmission, steering wheel, tires and hydraulics which is what you get on every tractor. You can get a better deal on equipment when bought with the tractor as the mark up on that is a lot higher and many times you can get it at dealer cost when buying a tractor if you dont negotiate all their profit out of the sale. Pay me now or pay me later comes to mind when dealing with tractors. You can get a good price on the tractor by being hard nosed or get a fair deal on the tractor and a good deal on any attachments. Personally, I want my dealer to make a fair profit on his sale so he can stay in business to supply me parts after the sale. Just dont try to rip me off.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #14  
There have been some price increases, especially on the S3010, since LS started out about 2 years ago but for most part the increases have been in line or less than other manufacturers that we work with. The R series replacing the I series is a little higher, but they added some features, (extending lift arms on 3 point and fender mounted loader valve). LS dealers are prohibited from advertising prices on the internet or in publications that reach ouside their main market area, so ususally if you see something on tractorhouse, it will be some kind of package deal. Otherwise it should say call for price. There is a guy who lists them on ebay at full boat MSRP, I always wonder if he sells any.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #15  
You should want your dealer to make some money on the deal because you want them to stay in business and service you in the future. The trouble is that everyone has either been taken or heard of someone taken by a car salesman and it happens in tractors too. When I bought my last tractor they started at $69,000 and when I figured in payments I just couldn't do it. They eventually came down to $62,500. Why not be there in the first place?

When I got prices for the baler I bought last year. One dealer I walked into said $15,500 which from doing preliminary research was about right and the next dealer started out over $20,000. I told him, look this is the price I got somewhere else, this is the price foe the other brand baler what is your real price. The second guy came down in price to the other guy but I bought from the first one because I liked him being upfront. I went back earlier this year and bought a disc mower from the same guy because they don't play games and I like that.

The saleman that I bought my tractor at just got to know me and he'd basically show me his costs, his setup fee, etc. and what he was making. Sometimes on small items he may be making close to 100% where big items it may be under 5%.

So for me it boils down to I want the guy to make a fair living but I don't want to go to the next dealer and find out I paid 33% too much. And, on bigger items it boils down can I make the payments. It could be a great price on the tractor but I just can't do it. Finally, I look at value. This tractor may be a good price on a good tractor but maybe for $10,000 more I get a better transmission, nicer engine, better resale and dealer network. For me personally, I also rather buy from small one off family owned dealers and I'd rather get equipment from family owned companies. Their going to care more about me, in the long run, than the wall street corporations.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #16  
my dealer just delivered a 4020 hydro to my door today and said the replacement (NEW MODEL) 4047 went up about 850.00 for pretty much the same tractor. New model new price that is usually how it works with tractors, cars, computers,ect.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #17  
my dealer just delivered a 4020 hydro to my door today and said the replacement (NEW MODEL) 4047 went up about 850.00 for pretty much the same tractor. New model new price that is usually how it works with tractors, cars, computers,ect.

If you don't mind me asking, How much did you have to pay for a 4020?

/ LS tractor bargain days? #18  
Not sure what I am mad about.:confused:

The Canadian dollar is higher than the US. I can appreciate a little higher price for transportation, and I fully appreciate a dealer getting his fair shake but why is the same tractor 5K more here?:confused:
Who here has a 3040 and what did they pay. Or has anyone priced out a 3040H right now? What were you quoted?

Thanks.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #19  
Something doesn't sound right. The dealer finder on the LS Tractor USA site is known to only give the closest dealer. Not sure if Canada has an equivalent to that or not, but I've noticed there are more dealers popping up every day.
yup. I've found that if I pick 3 towns about 10-20 miles away in different directions and set find dealer to 75 miles I will get a different dealer on each search.

Gary: deals are still good but I think, as others have mentioned, that prices have gone up about $1000. I got my R4047 gear for about $19000 whichi think is still a good deal. Green and oranges online configurators on similar models (think the 4320 and 4400) priced about $35000 and $28000 respectively.

/ LS tractor bargain days? #20  
Not sure what I am mad about.:confused:

The Canadian dollar is higher than the US. I can appreciate a little higher price for transportation, and I fully appreciate a dealer getting his fair shake but why is the same tractor 5K more here?:confused:
Who here has a 3040 and what did they pay. Or has anyone priced out a 3040H right now? What were you quoted?

Thanks.
want to mention, if be doesn't have the tractor on the lot and has to order, his shipping is probably why it is so much more expensive. If a dealer orders a load (4 tractors from what I hear) then LS pays for the shipping but otherwise the dealer has to pay. That's probably 2-3k of the difference right there