LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #101  
Yeah I goofed up the ones I sent you, these are confirmed by RCO and now I have some prices to add. Still have not found a cross for the oil or fuel filter. Alex at RCO says LS claims the oil filter is a 500 hour filter. Is that normal?

They may be 860 miles away but that is my new dealer and service dept. I'm firing the mom and pop place I bought the tractor at.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #102  
I wouldn't wait 500 hours to change an oil filter.
Also, looking back at some previous posts I find the Inner and Outer air filters, HST and HYD filters are the same for the XR3037, 4041, S3010, 3038 (and probably the XR4046 too).
Oil and fuel filters are different for many. XR3037 and XR4046 do use the same oil and fuel filters 40283380 and 40283326 but haven't got a cross reference yet.

Yeah I goofed up the ones I sent you, these are confirmed by RCO and now I have some prices to add. Still have not found a cross for the oil or fuel filter. Alex at RCO says LS claims the oil filter is a 500 hour filter. Is that normal?

They may be 860 miles away but that is my new dealer and service dept. I'm firing the mom and pop place I bought the tractor at.

Last edited:
   / LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #103  
Change the filter every time you change the oil, oil filters are cheap.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #104  
Not at the $54 buck LS price. We need a cross reference to that filter.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #106  
That $54 price for an oil filter must be a mistake...

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #108  
Your post 78 covers most filters for a lot of LS models (see my post 102) However, the oil and fuel filters for the XR3037 and XR4046 are different.

I just wanted to point out the price of the filters, especially the oil filter! No way should a little oil filter cost $54. :)

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #109  
That is what I said too. Alex from RCO tells me that this is a different kind of filter because of the special check valve in it, which will void the warranty if not used. He also told me that they teach them in the dealer training that it is a 500 hour filter. I guess this first change is just really a safety thing to get rid of any build crap that has busted loose in the engine. The user manual says change the oil every 250 so I may have misunderstood Alex. It does say the fuel filter is 500 hours.

Alex, if you are reading, (he says he reads here all the time, which is a good thing) please feel free to correct me if I mis understood.

I shudder to think that there may be stuff floating around in there and the hydros like that stuff that was falling out of my ceiling.....I think I'll cut mine open after changing to make sure. It looks like the filter are standard cases, I'm going to get the thread pitch , diameter and cross it to a cheap autozone filter and do a secondary cheap oil and filter 1 hour flush just to make sure before installing the new 50 buck one and good oil if I see anything in the filter when I cut it open.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #110  
Wow $50 for an oil filter. It must be something with the new tier 4 engine my old Mitsubishi tier 3 oil filter is like $6 or $7 bucks, man I love my Mitsubishi even more than I did before! :laughing: