Buying Advice LS vs TYM vs Kioti

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #161  
Reason I throw the Deere in the mix, besides having 2 close dealers..and a 3rd dealer about an hour away..and the fact that you'll always get parts for them is I have a buddy, actually 2 different friends that have 3038e models. 1 friend uses it for his business...bush hogging...grading driveways...spreading gravel....and he borderline abuses the thing! Only busted each front loader hydraulic cylinder 2 different times. One under warranty replaced...and the 2nd was his fault he admits as he was attempting to pick up more than he should.
Other friend is clearing his 20 acres getting ready to build his house. The logs that his machine move with the grapple is impressive to say the least.

I get it. JD has a cult following almost..lol. Spec sheet...I can decimate most Jds with the competition. Ls, kioti, Tym lift more...weigh more...cost less etc etc. But with all that said...Jds get the job done. Period.
I think theybhave a promotion for the 3025D..gear drive for 19,999. The 3025e is 22k I believe. I want a hydrostat so kids and wife can drive it much easier. Both prices include front end loader.

LS MT225HE I can get for about 19k that is a hydrostat..so 3k less that 3025e and it lifts more..1600 v 1200 approx. A 25HP tractor is better than no tractor....and no emission crap to deal with.
However, I am my worst own enemy as I don't want buyers remorse and will go back and forth over this and that. Really good price for 25hp...vs wanting more PTO Hp for tilling etc.

Not having a kioti dealer close is hurting my decision..cause their CK line look to be the best bang for the buck by a long shot. So here comes LS..which is thousands less expensive.....but I still have reservations about them for some reason. I don't know why....my pastor has an LS...buddy at work...another friend has LS...all of them love them.

Sorry for the long post....

I went through the same thing. Looked at every tractor on the market. Was focused on 25 HP class mainly for price, secondly for lack of emissions. Well, in the end it cost me MORE because I had to take the 25 HP tractor back and get the 35/40 HP class. A compact tractor with attachments on it and 25 HP to move it all around is a miserable experience. It sucked. I couldn't envision it turning a 5' brush hog and climbing a small grade. It would barely climb a grade with the PTO off. I had to run it at full RPM all the time, which used more diesel. High range was useless, so effectively it was a 2-range transmission. I wasn't happy with it at all. It might have been slightly better if it were a gear drive, but I wanted a hydro. I learned a hard, expensive lesson.

Get more horsepower now. Buy once, cry once.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #162  
I went through the same thing. Looked at every tractor on the market. Was focused on 25 HP class mainly for price, secondly for lack of emissions. Well, in the end it cost me MORE because I had to take the 25 HP tractor back and get the 35/40 HP class. A compact tractor with attachments on it and 25 HP to move it all around is a miserable experience. It sucked. I couldn't envision it turning a 5' brush hog and climbing a small grade. It would barely climb a grade with the PTO off. I had to run it at full RPM all the time, which used more diesel. High range was useless, so effectively it was a 2-range transmission. I wasn't happy with it at all. It might have been slightly better if it were a gear drive, but I wanted a hydro. I learned a hard, expensive lesson.

Get more horsepower now. Buy once, cry once.
Agree, I first looked at the 25hp tractors for the same reasonss as you. I had a limit on tractor size due to the area I want to work my tractor and store it (tight woods and smaller garage) but I ended up getting the most hp I could get in the CK model line. Happy I went that route as it has done great on my steep hills and has done everything I have asked of it.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #163  
So, kinda on the topic of TYM prices, dealer here has 2023 T574 HST with loader, open station for $31k. That's a lot of tractor for $31k
Screenshot_20230816_151801_Facebook.jpg

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #165  
The big Kioti/TYM dealer in Murfreesboro had some promotional sales on T474s and T494s in August. Very tempted, but they wouldn't take my Mahindra 3525 (needs time consuming repair) in trade and so I ended up trading it to a used tractor dealer for a MX5200 that was delivered today. I don't blame them for not wanting the Mahindra in trade. Their salesman has been a good communicator. It just didn't work out with the cards I had to play this time.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #166  
I understand that for sure. But basically I don’t even consider having a dealer for my Kioti anymore. At least one I like doing business with. So an hour is not bad for me.
An HOUR? I have to drive half that long just to get diesel!!!

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti
I traded in another brand for an MT 225S with loader and QD buckets, spears, and pallet forks. They really have the operator in mind when they designed this little work horse. I use mine every day for something....working alone it's a 3rd hand....how many 25 hp tractors have a tilt wheel so that you can enter and exit easily yet have the wheel in your lap for ease of use when required...to name one I really like...no competing with the seat and wheel when mounting-dismounting....big deal when you are using it for close in work and have frequent reasons to dismount.
Yeah...I just learned of this model. I thought the "s" model was a gear drive and not hydro......

Just learned that it's a tiny bit smaller than MT225e and is Hydrostat and has its engine by Yanmar instead of the Mitsubishi the MT225e has.

Personally, I love Yanmar and think they are the best engine manufacturer....every JD compact has one! Like I said...my buddy nearly abuses his 3038e JD and it's a workhorse!

It still aggervates me to no end that the "American" tractor doesn't lift as much as the Korean ones.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #168  
So, kinda on the topic of TYM prices, dealer here has 2023 T574 HST with loader, open station for $31k. That's a lot of tractor for $31kView attachment 816373
Pretty close to what I paid a few months ago. Mine also had the lights like you see on the ROPS next to that one. I also had the 3rd function added.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #169  

Attachments

• T474_quote_02.jpg
    T474_quote_02.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 69
  • T474_quote_03.jpg
    T474_quote_03.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 68
  • T474_quote_01.jpg
    T474_quote_01.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 71
   / LS vs TYM vs Kioti #170  
Yeah...I just learned of this model. I thought the "s" model was a gear drive and not hydro......

Just learned that it's a tiny bit smaller than MT225e and is Hydrostat and has its engine by Yanmar instead of the Mitsubishi the MT225e has.

Personally, I love Yanmar and think they are the best engine manufacturer....every JD compact has one! Like I said...my buddy nearly abuses his 3038e JD and it's a workhorse!

It still aggervates me to no end that the "American" tractor doesn't lift as much as the Korean ones.

The LS naming convention is real odd, lol; that said, the MT225S feels like it was designed for the North American market, and is really comfortable and well laid out.

Attachments

• 20220420_145947.jpg
    20220420_145947.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61