Buying Advice LS vs TYM vs Kioti

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #171  
I have no issues with my F150 pulling a 20’ trailer with the tractor loaded on it. I do have trailer brakes and it is the max towing package with the 3.5 Ecoboost. It is rated to tow 15,000 lbs.
Honestly, I have never even looked at the specs of my F-150, I towed a buddies trailer home for him right after I bought it, it was loaded down with a skid steer, with an auger on it, his truck broke down….

My truck handled it amazingly, so when I bought my 18 foot trailer I didn’t even think about the specs….

I do have trailer brakes and trailer brake controller.

I only haul my ct235 once in a blue moon, mostly use the trailer for my zero turn or my Polaris ranger

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #172  
One thing I really appreciate about a subcompact tractor is that almost anything can tow one; they're never going to get anything done fast, but I can tow a 1025R with my wife's Kia. That's real convenient for a lot of folks.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #173  
So today, I went over to the local Kioti place near my second home we just moved into last January.
I was seeing if they needed any help similar to what I do at the Mahindra place I work at near my first home.
I checked out the Kioti 2620. What a nice machine.

Plenty beefy enough to do a lot of work the typical homeowner confronts. Comes with the new R14 tires.
The step up tractor (CK 3520), looks to be on the same frame size but I guess w the more hp.

All in all a nice machine and fully capable of doing a lot of stuff.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #174  
I have not heard much about the R14 tires, otherwise than one thread stating they puncture easily

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #175  
I have not heard much about the R14 tires, otherwise than one thread stating they puncture easily
I have R-14s, and I like them. I came from Ag/R1s and R-14s don't have the grip they do, but they have better grip then R4s, and don't tear up grass. Note; I'm dealing with sand form a traction stand point, clay/snow/mud, I dont know. My tires are also not loaded.

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #176  
I've got loaded R14's and overall I've been thrilled with them; where they seem to really shine though is in the snow. I first had a hybrid tire on my 1025R, Carlisle Versa-Turfs, replacing the R4's that were on it. The night and day difference in performance in the snow was enough to convince me to go with the similar R14 on the Kioti. Unsurprisingly they outperform the R4 in mud as well.

Now I'm sure that Ags would trounce the R14, but it'll do the same to my property. 🤣

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #177  
That’s always been a bugaboo to me…. R4 traction that is….

I’ve only had two tractors. An old 8N with decent R1’s and my ct 235with R 4s, I’ve never had traction issues with the R4s other than when I first got it and was foolish enough to think that 4wd would take me through a mud bog

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #178  
My trouble with R4's come down to mud and in particular, snow; they quickly fill with material, and essentially become slicks.

This is a problem I could solve with chains, but if I'm going to run chains anyhow I'd run turf tires. I want to avoid chains, I'm on level ground and know how to operate my equipment properly, I should not need them for what I do.

Now, my animosity with R4's actually goes waaaay back to the Kubota my stepfather purchased 20 years ago, but that's a real emotional roller-coaster.

🤣

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #179  
I plow my 1000 foot, My secondary driveway, my barnyard, and sometimes my neighbors driveways and so far never had it stock more what it could get itself out of…

I do have filled tires with beet juice, and the driveway is mostly flat with a 3-4 foot incline at the entrance on the road

/ LS vs TYM vs Kioti #180  
basicallyevil.jpg