LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours!

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #1  

Tdascenzo

Tractor
LS XJ2025h
Hey Guys… I’m having a major issue with my LS XJ2025h after completing my first 50 hour maintenance. I was about 30 hours over so tractor has 80 hours.

Tractor was operating as it should prior to service.

Now it starts and idles great with no issues & implements operate with no issue while idling.

When pressing the hst pedals the RPMs drop almost immediately and stalls out. If I stop pressing when the RPMs drop it brings itself back up to normal RPM and continues to idle perfect.

The tractor was sitting in a cold climate with a half tank of fuel. Didn’t have an issue before the service but I got fresh fuel to top it off also and that has not changed anything.

Any idea what the hell is going on.

Maintenance That Was Done:
-Oil Change w/ Filter 15w-40 for my temps
-HST Filter & Transmission Filter w/ fluid top off
-Air Filter
-Fuel Filter

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #2  
Does the tractor stall when your range selector is in low? I would expect it to stall in any other range.

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #3  
Cold temps can create seat safety switch problems. If your machine doesn't allow pto use while not in the seat, try activating the pto and see if it stalls out.

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #4  
Brake set? My LS is pretty anemic at idle, OM says at least 1500 to move tractor.
Does it rev up using the hand throttle?

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #5  
Following.
I have a JD 3203 that is doing this. Sitting in the field right now.

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours! #6  
Sounds like a brake is on. Could be a seat switch. I'd bypass it and see if that helps. Try moving the tractor in reverse and forwards a few times.

You stated you changed your air filter? Make sure the little boot is not plugged up and pointed down. You did remove the plastic from the filter too?

If it's idling good, I don't think its a fuel gelling issue, or even air in the line issue after you replaced the fuel filter. If all your levels are good....

Does it do this with any amount of pressure on the hst? Or only when you mash the peddle down? FEL work? What gear are you in? Does the tractor move at all?

/ LS XJ2025h Stalling Under Load After Maintenance only 80 Hours!
Does the tractor stall when your range selector is in low? I would expect it to stall in any other range.
It stalls in every range.. 2wd and 4wd H & L

Cold temps can create seat safety switch problems. If your machine doesn't allow pto use while not in the seat, try activating the pto and see if it stalls out.
PTO does try to engage but then stalls due to RPMs dropping but it does try to engage

Brake set? My LS is pretty anemic at idle, OM says at least 1500 to move tractor.
Does it rev up using the hand throttle?
RPMS go up no issue at idle but even hand throttle maxed and a light touch of the HST pedal it stalls

Sounds like a brake is on. Could be a seat switch. I'd bypass it and see if that helps. Try moving the tractor in reverse and forwards a few times.

You stated you changed your air filter? Make sure the little boot is not plugged up and pointed down. You did remove the plastic from the filter too?

If it's idling good, I don't think its a fuel gelling issue, or even air in the line issue after you replaced the fuel filter. If all your levels are good....

Does it do this with any amount of pressure on the hst? Or only when you mash the peddle down? FEL work? What gear are you in? Does the tractor move at all?
I'll check out that seat switch. I was able to get it to go about a foot forward and backwards a hand full of times and it moves as it should but then does stall. It doesn't physically feel like a brake it on when I hit the HST pedal forward or backwards. It really feels like what I've experienced when I ran out of fuel once. But Id have to agree I do not believe it is a fuel issue and the fuel system was bleed as part of my trying to diagnosis what is going on.

Air filter wise I didn't think to check the little boot since it was idling okay but I will check that. I also switched back the old air filter just to see if that changed anything and it did not same issue so I do not believe its an air filter issue.

Levels all look solid across the board with no odd or out of place sounds.

It will do it with even the lightest pressure i can get it to move every so slightly and I mean barely and have to pull off the pedal for the RPMs to go higher so it doesn't stall as I try to slowly move it.

FEL works seamlessly while at idle.

Happens in all ranges and drive types