LS?

/ LS? #31  
That's the reliability and longevity I'm expecting with regular maintenance (fluid changes, lube, filters). Especially if I buy new I expect zero issues for 10 years. Am I being realistic? (I hope so, but asking).
Trouble free who knows, I've worn out a lot of stuff abusing the BX. So far in 450 hours my LS as only had nuts/bolts come loose. I do the maintenance but got lazy/busy a few time with the BX, trying to be better on the LS. Biggest thing I can tell those turbo/dpf motor like to run higher than older diesel. I now run it right at 2000 rpm for most things. The HST and Hydraulic work better at those speeds (or higher) than lower.
As for finding a 240 used, I bought the XG3135H used because I could not find a 40 used within 150 miles and this one had the wish list Backhoe. Gave 24.5 to a JD dealer with 240 hours. Paint still like new on loader and backhoe buckets, but no more since I've been working it. Removed a ton of brush and trees from the pond edges, expanded cattle pond, dug out and spread 10+ dump truck loads of creek gravel and another truck load of limestone. Moved 40 round bales a couple times and hauled them to the cattle.

/ LS?
Trouble free who knows, I've worn out a lot of stuff abusing the BX. So far in 450 hours my LS as only had nuts/bolts come loose. I do the maintenance but got lazy/busy a few time with the BX, trying to be better on the LS. Biggest thing I can tell those turbo/dpf motor like to run higher than older diesel. I now run it right at 2000 rpm for most things. The HST and Hydraulic work better at those speeds (or higher) than lower.
As for finding a 240 used, I bought the XG3135H used because I could not find a 40 used within 150 miles and this one had the wish list Backhoe. Gave 24.5 to a JD dealer with 240 hours. Paint still like new on loader and backhoe buckets, but no more since I've been working it. Removed a ton of brush and trees from the pond edges, expanded cattle pond, dug out and spread 10+ dump truck loads of creek gravel and another truck load of limestone. Moved 40 round bales a couple times and hauled them to the cattle.
Shoot, I was in Rosebud MO about 2 weeks ago. Could have test-drove. Lol.

I'd think by being in the LS group here I'd get a pretty good sampling of users who have LSes over 5+ years.

/ LS? #33  
Come on by, we own Holiday Lake RV near Viburnum....

/ LS? #34  
I have had my LS 225E for 5 years now, just over 360 hours. Absolutely nothing wrong / broke. This is my second LS, the first being a SCUT (MT125). I had that one for just over 2 1/2 years, 240 hours, again trouble free.

If I ever buy another tractor, 90% sure it will be another LS.

/ LS?
I have had my LS 225E for 5 years now, just over 360 hours. Absolutely nothing wrong / broke. This is my second LS, the first being a SCUT (MT125). I had that one for just over 2 1/2 years, 240 hours, again trouble free.

If I ever buy another tractor, 90% sure it will be another LS.
Thank you. I am looking for a handful of folks touting similar but with 1000, 2000 hours. 300 is still break in for a diesel I'd think.

/ LS? #36  
Guess I better sell my LS, moving full buckets of creek gravel, and taking hay bales to the cattle are it's main jobs........
All things my BX has been doing for 20 years and 4500 hours.
You can do what you want, it's your tractor. I'm relaying my experience. Otherwise, my 2012 R4047 has been mostly trouble free.

/ LS? #37  
You can do what you want, it's your tractor. I'm relaying my experience. Otherwise, my 2012 R4047 has been mostly trouble free.
I'm glad you did post and will keep an eye on things, but that is really why I have the tractor. If it can not move the heavy stuff I may as well just have the BX. I don't row crop just raise beef cattle, other livestock and run a campground (for another 16 month :) ).
Maintaining a lot of gravel road and RV spots is my main concern, I pulled 150+ tons of gravel out of the creek bed and used to redo some roads over the off season. Removed many loads of wet waste hay and manure from around the feeders this spring.

/ LS? #38  
I'm glad you did post and will keep an eye on things, but that is really why I have the tractor. If it can not move the heavy stuff I may as well just have the BX. I don't row crop just raise beef cattle, other livestock and run a campground (for another 16 month :) ).
Maintaining a lot of gravel road and RV spots is my main concern, I pulled 150+ tons of gravel out of the creek bed and used to redo some roads over the off season. Removed many loads of wet waste hay and manure from around the feeders this spring.
I never gave it a thought until I noticed a puddle of some rather thick oil on my garage floor where the right front tire of my tractor had been parked. I was always counterbalanced with either the backhoe attachment or a box blade but I exceeded the capability of that bearing at some point. Fortunately, no further damage was done in the process.

/ LS? #39  
I have a 2015 LS XG3032. it has around 910 hours on it. I have put maybe 150 of them since i got it a few years ago. It sat in the shop for almost a year after going into limp mode. I paid $4,700 to get it back just for it to go back into regen less than a hour later. After that I figured out how to remove that nuisance from the tractor. Since then I have been running the tractor almost full throttle for almost 100 hours, all in the last 3 months. It is a great little tractor, I run it hard and it is amazing what the little thing is capable of. Moves round bales around no problem. The front end loader bolts get loose and need to be re-tightened.
I have had to regularly replace small items but nothing serious. I really like the layout of the controls, that it has L-M-H range and the Shibaura turbo engine runs really good.

The first 750 hours of the tractors life, before I got it it was obviously beat on pretty hard.

I hope that LS has worked out the kinks on the newer models with the Regen systems. I think that mine had so many problems because it was the first year of tier 4.

/ LS? #40  
From what I see the Shibaura motors were designed to regen every 5 hours (or something like that) the new LS Mtron motor is supposed to regen every 50 hours. I bought used (2018 XG3135H) and ran it too slow for a while getting used to it and had no history on the machine. Once I learned to lean on the turbo a bit all time it is doing regen right around 50 hours and I just keep on working. Only an issue if I'm running the backhoe and want a little lower rpm to keep the noise down.