Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question.

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question.
you are correct there is a shear bolt holding the cylinder and the D shape together.
Can be seen in the pic with my finger pointing to the cylinder attach point.

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question. #12  
Does you Luck Now blower use the half moon shaped cable setup to rotate the chute?
Mine does, I've had a Lucknow (Helm Engineering) for years. My cylinder drives the half moon actuator and the actuator drives the chute (it's chute not SHOOT) rotation via a steel cable. The only direct actuation cylinder I have is to control the delivery angle of the deflector at the top of the CHUTE, AGAIN NOT SHOOT.

I read my question today and seen SHOOT ... Its chute as you comment . . How is your steel cable attached to the riser chute? A wire rope clamp to the tab half way around the chute?

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question. #14  
This is what it should look like :
IMG_4506.jpg

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question. #15  
I read my question today and seen SHOOT ... Its chute as you comment . . How is your steel cable attached to the riser chute? A wire rope clamp to the tab half way around the chute?
It is actually (had to go out in the barn and take a look) The ends of the wire rope are cinched to the welded tab on the chute itself at the bottom and my chute really just sits on the blower housing extension which projects up into the chute itself about 6" It's not even on the tractor, it's sitting in the back of the equipment barn on a large skid. I have not used it in 3 years as we have not had enough snowfall to put it on. I should sell it actually, just taking up space.

One thing I did do with mine is, I welded 2 bosses on the backside of the blower housing and bored them to accept a set of Meyers mushroom skid shoes that I can adjust to keep the bottom edge of the blower slightly off the ground so it don't dig in. I have a gravel drive and blowers make really good machine guns on gravel.
\
Nice thing about the crescent shaped actuator is it's a rotation multiplier so the cylinder don't have an excessive stroke and it provides some mechanical advantage as well so it has a rather small displacement cylinder as well. I bought mine that way new. All I added was the skid shoes and rubber flaps to the impeller blades to make them closer to the drum and expel more snow per revolution

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question. #16  
RJ's picture is EXACTLY what mine looks like other than the color. My Lucknow is light blue. I should have painted it Kubota orange but I never did...lol

/ Luck now snowblower shoot cylinder question. #18  
RJ... You ever use it? Looks unused.

Only used once since I painted it caterpillar yellow. Our snow has been either light, or non existent since 2016. I still need to keep it for some contracts that I need to be prepared for.
It came in real handy for a blizzard in 2016... Luck Now makes a beast-mode of a blower.

Looks to me your cylinder in going in the opposite direction as mine will be.

IMG_3089.JPG

I just ran the cable through the hole and clamped it with vise grips . I now have the wire rope clamp in the shop. I will pull cable back and clamp as per a couple posts back.

IMG_3090.JPG