Lynch Pins

/ Lynch Pins #25  
Great thread - thought I was the only one this kinda thing happened to! On more than one occasion I've returned from an afternoon of brush hogging only to find that my hog is dragging wickedly on one side. It took me several minutes to realize that the lower link had come completely free from it's mount because the stupid little lynch pin had popped off. I felt really fortunate this didn't do damage to the lower arm or mower. This has actually happened to my like three times. I'm definitely going to take your advice on alternative fasteners seriously this time :D

/ Lynch Pins #26  
When you install the pin flip the bail then put a zip tie thru the bail and around the pin I still loose them occasionally when bush hogging in heavy brush but never on the rest of the implements

Jeff

/ Lynch Pins #27  
Willl said:
I do like the look of their "Bow-Tie Locking Cotters", anybody use 'em ?

I have, but they can get snatched off as well.. etc.

soundguy

/ Lynch Pins #28  
John Day Company Distributes the Hope Haven Lynch pins, various sizes, call them at 1-800-767-2273 or see your local dealer he maybe a dealer for them.

/ Lynch Pins #29  
3 days of cutting and lost 2 linch pins. One the daughter found yesterday in another field. I should look back more often!!

Its only the one on the top link not the arms.

I'm thinking of using wire to hold them on the cutter or a bolt and double nuts.

I remember dad using wire on them and now I know why.

/ Lynch Pins #30  
I like wire.. but the bolt nuts keeps you from taking it loose without tools.. etc.

soundguy