M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments?

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #21  
Wow. 400 acres of trees to play in. Sounds like heaven. Forgive me if you have already posted this info, but is it mature woods or is there lots of underbrush? Will you be needing to put in access roads to get at your timber? Here in Maine I couldn't even consider tending that much woods without a skidder. There are many places in my woods that neither of my ag tractors would even think of going, with big rocks and deep mud. In fact, there are places that I stay out of even with the skidder until it is frozen solid in winter. I know that where you are the ground is much more friendly, but if you have any kind of long drag with your tractor or if your trees are large a skidder will make your life a lot easier. However, I know that even a used skidder is expensive. If this has already been suggested I apologize.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #22  
Is that a Mahindra pin-on grapple or third party? If third party do you have a link?
How west is NW Mississippi? I'm over near the Ten-Tom.

Almost the opposite side of the state. My grapple is a Wild Kat. I ordered it minus the quick attach connectors. They took $50 off the price and I had plates lazed cut and welded on.

Attachments

• image-2992399902.jpg
    image-2992399902.jpg
    415.8 KB · Views: 137
   / M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #23  
I've got a MX4700 and use it to clear trees/brush on my 25 acres. I bought it with a Long grapple and the grapple (quick attach) stays on the FEL most of the time. It is, without a doubt, the best implement for my use. You will not regret the $$ getting a grapple. With the QA, I can swap out bucket for grapple in no time. I've cleared 70+ very mature poplars/beeches/oaks using a chainsaw and grapple. Without the grapple, I'd still be clearing trees.

MK160

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #24  
I have an Kubota MX5100F with FEL that I use on 250 acres. My uses are similar - for food plot installation my dream machine is a no till drill with small and large seed boxes BUT I can't justify one for the cost. My go to implements for food plots are a 6' rotary tiller, a drag harrow, a cultipacker and a seed spreader used in various combinations dependent on the seed being planted. Of course a rotary mower/brush hog and sometimes a sickle mower are used for cutting the food plots.

We live on the family farm so a post hole auger, turning plows, scrape blade, box scrape, bog harrow and disc harrow are all available.

For the garden a hiller attachment is essential. One with a fertilizer distributor is a plus. I am fortunate to have the Farmall 140 for gardening but a good hiller on the MX 5100 would work.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #25  
A good carry all box for the 3 pt hitch is also a must.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #26  
Are you buying in VA and the eventually hauling it all to MS? I'd think that would add to the cost of your desired attacments that I would guess would be cheaper in MS anyway. Enjoy your adventure!

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments?
Are you buying in VA and the eventually hauling it all to MS? I'd think that would add to the cost of your desired attacments that I would guess would be cheaper in MS anyway. Enjoy your adventure!
I buy where the bargain is.
I never expected to get a good M4700 for $11.5K in Northern Virginia, surely the tractor bargains would be in Alabama and Mississippi.

I routinely drive an F350 dually down to Mississippi hauling household goods, so the additional cost for a small side trip is minimal, plus some of the stuff I need in Virginia.

Also I've found that in the relatively affluent Washington area many people will let things go for far less than their value, just to get rid of them. I picked up an almost new 12K PTO generator for $600.
The last pallet rack I picked up I got for $10 per 8' section. That was 6 beams, 6 wire mesh shelves and a 12' upright. Normally 1 wire mesh shelf goes for $10, the whole unit would go for $200 plus.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #28  
Bargains, I'll say!! Good buys. Out of curiousity, do you have your house built? How in the heck do you explain your steps? (VT-VA-MS) Soundl like a good adventure!

Bargains, I'll say!! Good buys. Out of curiousity, do you have your house built? How in the heck do you explain your steps? (VT-VA-MS) Soundl like a good adventure!
Bargains, yes, and I'm changing my sig because I just got the Kubota M4700 home and ordered the pallet forks.

resurrecting this thread for new suggestions,

I've a birthday coming up and was asked "what do you want for your tractor?"

Now realize I'm still planning on getting the stuff down to Mississippi (400 acres), but for a while they are stuck in residential suburbs of Washington, DC on a half acre and quarter acre lot.

So far for my attachments for my B7610 and M4700 are:
Woods BH70-X - mainly for B7610, but for about $800 I can adapt it to the 4700.
Jinma 8" chipper - mainly for the M4700 but the B7610 meets it's minimum specs

8x6SAM_0875.jpg
M4700 with pallet forks lifting log and chipper on for ballast

Howse 16" 1 bottom plow - for both
Agri-Supply (Dale-phillips) PHD with 2 augers - for both
Agri-Supply 3Pt pallet forks - for both
Titan clamp on pallet forks - for both
3pt trailer hitch - for both

My daughter sent me this pic:
8x6IMG_20130426_150705.jpg

But I think it's more than she can afford :)

I notice on the Kubota web site they sell a 50" tiller for the size of the B7610 and a 60" tiller for the size of the M4700.

Any other suggestions?