M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments?

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #31  
What are you planning on doing with the trees? I would think that 4700 would make for a nice tool to drag trees after cutting them down. If that's something you might do I think a skidding winch might be a nice attachment to have. Another option may be to see if you could add a skid steer quick attach to the 4700. Then you could look into getting a grapple.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments?
Thanks al
What are you planning on doing with the trees? I would think that 4700 would make for a nice tool to drag trees after cutting them down. If that's something you might do I think a skidding winch might be a nice attachment to have. Another option may be to see if you could add a skid steer quick attach to the 4700. Then you could look into getting a grapple.
I've been trying to grasp the concept of the value of a quick attach (about $800 at EA) for a tractor owner that would only be switching between 2 implements.

About the only implement I would envision I would switch my bucket with would be a grapple (about $2,500) or real pallet forks, and I already have a good set of clamp ons.

Prior in this thread they discussed pin on grapples that just took a while to hook up. I'm not running a business, so time is not money, I don't have several tractors that would take the same size as my 4700.

Right now toothbars or satellite radios are in the running for my next attachments.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments? #33  
I could never see myself swapping anything on the fel unless I had SSQA. I know I would really like a grapple for lifting logs and general cleaning up of things like rocks and brush. But not having a remote makes it an expensive option for me.

A tooth bar would be nice but will your clamp on forks work with one? I use the bucket to back drag enough so that I never got one. But I also have the backhoe so I never really need a tooth bar. You could put a tooth bar on one and not the other to have the best of both worlds.

/ M4700, 400 acres of trees, what suggested attachments?
I'm back
So far for my attachments for my B7610 and M4700 are:
Woods BH70-X - mainly for B7610, but for about $800 I can adapt it to the 4700.
Jinma 8" chipper - mainly for the M4700 but the B7610 meets it's minimum specs

View attachment 316296
M4700 with pallet forks lifting log and chipper on for ballast

Howse 16" 1 bottom plow - for both
Agri-Supply (Dale-phillips) PHD with 2 augers - for both
Agri-Supply 3Pt pallet forks - for both
Titan clamp on pallet forks - for both
3pt trailer hitch - for both
<snip>
I notice on the Kubota web site they sell a 50" tiller for the size of the B7610 and a 60" tiller for the size of the M4700.

Any other suggestions?
Two days ago I had PLANNED on getting a tooth bar or Piranha, but Craigs List struck again:

IMAG0022.jpg

a 5 year old, 60" lightly used King Kutter II tiller (w/ PTO shaft & clutch) to be used for both, on the big size for the B7610 and the small size for the M4700. But I didn't want to pass it up for $800. The guy I got it from had used it on a 40hp NH, but upgraded to a 90hp.

So, suggestions for the next toy for the toy box?