Buying Advice M5640SU

/ M5640SU #12  
Yeah I hear you there! Our horse is pretty wide but nothing like that tractor.:laughing:

It has been reconfigured several times over the years including when we decided to build our house here as the entryways would have emptied out into our yard and as much as I like tractors, I didn't want them in my front yard. I wish I had some pictures of it when it was in its original condition. My wife's uncle is in his 90's and remembers playing in it when it belonged to the original owners, there was a steam thresher in another building just across the road. My father in law grew up not too far from here and he and his brother broke horses for local farmers, they talked about looking for freshly plowed fields so it wouldn't hurt so much when they got thrown off.

/ M5640SU #13  
the mx4700 5100 dont have a strong enough fel cap my 1153 on my 7040 maxed out at 1800ibs at 800mm

The 1153 is more loader, for sure. Was just trying to make a suggestion for how to get a stronger loader and a 4wd tractor in about the same budget range as the 2wd 5640. Lots of people have and like the MX series equipment. Bill seems like a pretty sensible guy, so I expect he'll figure out what is best for his situation.

/ M5640SU #14  
The 1153 is more loader, for sure. Was just trying to make a suggestion for how to get a stronger loader and a 4wd tractor in about the same budget range as the 2wd 5640. Lots of people have and like the MX series equipment. Bill seems like a pretty sensible guy, so I expect he'll figure out what is best for his situation.

I believe bigbull338 uses an MX5100 for haying and he really likes it.

/ M5640SU #16  
And why not?:laughing::laughing:

It's always fun handing out orders, but what's that old saying? If you ever get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering someone else's dog around. All joking aside, best wishes on the tractor shopping. Ordinarily you might find a good buy on a close-out model, but the upcoming models have all that Tier 4 emission stuff, so it wouldn't surprise me if the earlier models are hard to find right now.

By the way, it looks like you're not too far north of us. Don't know who your dealers are, but there are some decent ones in this area if you want to shop around. PM me if you want and I'll tell you what I can.

/ M5640SU #17  
I had the Kubota M5040 with 4wd if just handling round bales and pallets it was fine in 2wd. Needs weight in rear and the loader is good for around 2400lbs.

/ M5640SU #19  
I just wanted to add that pretty much any Kubota is gonna make a fine tractor 4wd or not. I doesn't sound like you need 4wd like I do so I think the 5640 2wd would do well for you. That's why Kubota offers both.

/ M5640SU #20  
How much rear ballast did you require when lifting 2400#?
I had rears loaded and it was still alittle light,couple more hundred of wheel weights would be good. I had a 700lb box blade on back