M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ?

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #91  
At $100K I can see why M62's are selling well.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #92  
A new M59 cost 52K in 2008 - which is $72K in today's dollars. $100K seems out of line.

The problem is there isn't anythng else on the market with the same combination of features and quality. And not a large market for used tractors either.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ?
At $100K I can see why M62's are selling well.

A new M59 cost 52K in 2008 - which is $72K in today's dollars. $100K seems out of line.

The problem is there isn't anythng else on the market with the same combination of features and quality. And not a large market for used tractors either.
There's one born every day and I've been that one many times :-(

Did find a base model in Illinois for 88k

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #94  
Some advantages of buying new. Don’t think you will come close to wearing one out. Up at Johnson City Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and noted Mason’s had several used M62s. At least one M59. Popular machines for hillside work.

While the M62 does have some improvements, the pre tierIV emissions of the M59 has considerable advantages for me puttering around on my hillside farm.

Some advantages of buying new. Don’t think you will come close to wearing one out. Up at Johnson City Tennessee a couple of weeks ago and noted Mason’s had several used M62s. At least one M59. Popular machines for hillside work.

While the M62 does have some improvements, the pre tierIV emissions of the M59 has considerable advantages for me puttering around on my hillside farm.
I've seen the ones on Mason's site and used is much cheaper. Some of the stuff I read didn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. May be a great place but I think you better be very familiar with equipment and check it out before you buy ( same for any reseller). Just the nature of the machine lends itself to being abused and unloaded.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #96  

M62 has the same sized hydraulics as the M59 but a bigger/longer BH on an already marginal setup isn't really an improvement in my books...nor is the additional emissions equipment.

I like the compactness of the M59/M62 but the BH leaves a lot to be desired performance wise vs cost IMHO. Pound for pound $100K is way overpriced for the CUT you get.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #97  
There's one born every day and I've been that one many times :-(

Did find a base model in Illinois for 88k
How basic is that one? All you really need to make the basic into a deluxe is a 3pt kit, a thumb, heavy FEL bucket, and maybe a 3rd function.

For the one born every day, using the whole goods Catalogue and the gov. CPI calculator gives an easy check on how much markup is in a current dealer price.

How basic is that one? All you really need to make the basic into a deluxe is a 3pt kit, a thumb, heavy FEL bucket, and maybe a 3rd function.

For the one born every day, using the whole goods Catalogue and the gov. CPI calculator gives an easy check on how much markup is in a current dealer price.
It really wasn't much different in price once thumb etc are added.
That whole goods catalog is elusive

M62 has the same sized hydraulics as the M59 but a bigger/longer BH on an already marginal setup isn't really an improvement in my books...nor is the additional emissions equipment.

I like the compactness of the M59/M62 but the BH leaves a lot to be desired performance wise vs cost IMHO. Pound for pound $100K is way overpriced for the CUT you get.
Too bad there isn't any competition in the tlb category.
A skid, mini-ex and tractor would be better but for my needs that would be overkill.

/ M62 TLB for Maintaining Hilly Land ? #100  
Many of the homes built in East Tennessee boggles the mind how they ever got building materials way back in hills. Friend has built their homestead, off-grid with a little contract excavation and lots of B26 TLB work.