M7040 on the way

/ M7040 on the way #11  
Picked up a lightly used '07 M-7040 HDC today with 140 hours. Equipped as follows:

4WD
R-1's
Cab/Air
LA1153 loader w/ Q/A
Air seat
2 sets remotes
am/fm/mp3

Must be nice - cab, air seat, extra remote - hardly even broken in with that number of hours! We put more than that on in a few months. Good deal! They are a solid tractor! Congrats!!

/ M7040 on the way #12  
good deal!!! if you get a backblade to help move snow, get one with hydraulic tilt and angle:cool:

/ M7040 on the way
Bill,

Eventually, I will have a grader blade, but I'm going with a blower out back and a 8' p/a artic poly plow out front. Gonna look for a deal on a 84" blower over the summer.

/ M7040 on the way #14  
Goes straight to dealer to get 3rd function hydraulics out front, rear defrost kit w/ 80 amp alternator & either cast wheels or rim guard.

Looks like you have a pretty nice rig. With that size tractor I'd go for both cast wheels and Rim Guard for traction and stability.

/ M7040 on the way #16  
Cast wheels are $2100 not installed . Outrageous. :laughing:

I can put 2 sets wheel weights on for $650. Could add rim gaurd, too.

I've bent steel wheels just sliding side ways down an incline and hitting a snow bank (ice) while plowing snow. Never had that happen with cast wheels. That is a ridiculous price for a cast wheels. Should be able to get them for less when buying a new tractor -- been my experience. If the wheel weights are a whole lot less I'd go that route but be careful when on ice and snow due to risk of bending the rims.

/ M7040 on the way #17  
Builder, be sure to double check the dash gauges & idiot lights. Some of the earlier M7040s did not have everything hooked up from the factory.:eek: Only mentioning this so that you don't realize that there is a problem after you already have taken possession. Most likely if yours is not one of the first ones built, you will be ok.

Just a heads up.

/ M7040 on the way #18  
Congrats!! We get pics, right? Nice line up of equipment, in your sig. :)

df

Picked up a lightly used '07 M-7040 HDC today with 140 hours. Equipped as follows:

4WD
R-1's
Cab/Air
LA1153 loader w/ Q/A
Air seat
2 sets remotes
am/fm/mp3

The bad:
Bucket missing-however, I already have a Kubota 4-in-1 74" toothed bucket and I want an 84" material bucket for snow, etc, instead of a 72" so that's not a big deal.
Forgot to ask if loader was self leveling-DUH:confused2:
"Pink" sun faded fenders

Goes straight to dealer to get 3rd function hydraulics out front, rear defrost kit w/ 80 amp alternator & either cast wheels or rim guard.

/ M7040 on the way #19  
Who does listing the equipment offend? I haven't heard a thing. People here seem to want information and pictures.

BTW, the pictures didn't come through. At least not for my computer.