M7040 on the way

/ M7040 on the way
Builder, be sure to double check the dash gauges & idiot lights. Some of the earlier M7040s did not have everything hooked up from the factory.:eek: Only mentioning this so that you don't realize that there is a problem after you already have taken possession. Most likely if yours is not one of the first ones built, you will be ok.

Just a heads up.

Mine was built in '07. I think they began production in '05, so I certainly didn't buy the first one.

Is this a simple problem to fix? Like a plug that wasn't plugged-in, or a bigger problem? Like one that costs me money? :laughing:

/ M7040 on the way #22  
Mine was built in '07. I think they began production in '05, so I certainly didn't buy the first one.

Is this a simple problem to fix? Like a plug that wasn't plugged-in, or a bigger problem? Like one that costs me money? :laughing:

My understanding is that they used the wrong wiring harness in the first run and Kubota would not install the correct one under warranty.:eek: Something like the customer bought it that way and that is the way that it is. There were some TBN members that had these and that is the only reason that I know about it. I'm sure that yours is fine being 2 years into the model run. I didn't remember when they had first come out and didn't want you to get stuck without gauges and whatnot.

/ M7040 on the way
I don't doubt the Tractor Data site, but I personally looked at 2 different '06 M-7040's and my dealer told me my serial # was in the "middle" of the group of serial numbers, so I think I'm OK on the dash cluster.

/ M7040 on the way #26  

attachment.php

Attachments

• postpics2.gif
    postpics2.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 274