Price Check M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #11  
In September I paid $43500 for a M9540HD12-1 with LA1353 loader, 84" bucket, 3rd function on the loader, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers.

You'll definitely need to add fluid if you are going to use the loader at all. I added 1350lbs of fluid and the tractor is still 100lbs heavier on the front than rear. I didn't use the loader much before filling the tires but what I did realize was that it needed more weight. I carry a 1500lb weight box when I'm doing heavy loader chores.

As TripleR mentioned I think the 60 series greatly improved the gear selector and integrated the park brake into the gear selector lever. The 40 series uses a separate lever to engage the park brake. I also love the wheel brakes on these tractors. A feather light touch stops the tractor.

Good luck with your purchase and post pics when you get it. We all love to see pictures of others spending money!!! :thumbsup:

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS
Sounds like you are good to go and you are going to love that tractor. The Hydraulic Shuttle Shift is extremely easy to use. The M40 linkage is a little balky and that has been changed in the M60, so shifting should be great. I really like the brakes also, much improved over our other tractors.

Thanks Triple R! Psyched myself - still some resistance from the front line, doesn't feel it will work as hard as the Oliver and pull a Baler + Wagon - 90HP should pull anything

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #13  
Unless you have very, very good ground and/or do not plan to plow very deep, you will not pull a 4X16 plow with a 9960 unless you have LOTS of ballast. It's just too light.

SDT

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #14  
Sounds like you are good to go and you are going to love that tractor. The Hydraulic Shuttle Shift is extremely easy to use. The M40 linkage is a little balky and that has been changed in the M60, so shifting should be great. I really like the brakes also, much improved over our other tractors.

Thanks Triple R! Psyched myself - still some resistance from the front line, doesn't feel it will work as hard as the Oliver and pull a Baler + Wagon - 90HP should pull anything

I know what you mean, those old tractors have proven records. We have guys around here who drag out tractors that hardly look like they would run and do some baling a couple of times a year. Our renters run 7000 and 8000 Series John Deeres and still have a couple of old IH Farmalls in our barn from time to time; don't know what the do with them, but they still have them.

If you get the traction, you won't have to worry about power. We used out M8540 with a 7' box scraper this summer and with the rippers down and box full it would still spin the tires and it has less power than the M9960.

Our Case CX80 weighed over 2000 pounds more than our M8540 and it works as well or better.

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #15  
Unless you have very, very good ground and/or do not plan to plow very deep, you will not pull a 4X16 plow with a 9960 unless you have LOTS of ballast. It's just too light.

SDT

Yes, you have to have traction, even the big John Deeres need extra weight.

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #16  
Was quoted $46,160 for M9960HD12 ROPS w/ 2 Rear Remotes, Cast Wheels & Loader - Was wondering what you guys think of that pricing - any input would be appreciated

Marc

I figured I would include the quote I got on the 8560,hyd.,4x4,ldr,extra remote $46,750 with cab....Maybe will help

I figured I would include the quote I got on the 8560,hyd.,4x4,ldr,extra remote $46,750 with cab....Maybe will help

Thanks foreman Etexas -appreciate the feedback for comparison! that is a great deal with the cab and ldr for sure!

SDT

SDT, I have the cast wheels and will also be filling tires with rim guard, should get me to 8000#-8500# [they show shipping weight before Rim Guard @ 6500-7000# - factor in the Rim Guard for load/ballast, i will almost be @ equal weight to Oliver - usually plow 8" depth, ground is good [sod/old hay fields] - I also have 3-bottom plow if going gets tough - friend has 9540 and pulls 4x16 good ground, says going is good, but slow - Marc

In September I paid $43500 for a M9540HD12-1 with LA1353 loader, 84" bucket, 3rd function on the loader, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers.

You'll definitely need to add fluid if you are going to use the loader at all. I added 1350lbs of fluid and the tractor is still 100lbs heavier on the front than rear. I didn't use the loader much before filling the tires but what I did realize was that it needed more weight. I carry a 1500lb weight box when I'm doing heavy loader chores.

As TripleR mentioned I think the 60 series greatly improved the gear selector and integrated the park brake into the gear selector lever. The 40 series uses a separate lever to engage the park brake. I also love the wheel brakes on these tractors. A feather light touch stops the tractor.

Good luck with your purchase and post pics when you get it. We all love to see pictures of others spending money!!! :thumbsup:

ovrszd - will definitely post pics and fill tires! loader gets work with manure and firewood/brush and that is basically it - main chores will be bailing hay, plowing fields and spreading manure

/ M9960HD12 w/ Loader & 2 Rear Remotes ROPS #20  
Was quoted $46,160 for M9960HD12 ROPS w/ 2 Rear Remotes, Cast Wheels & Loader - Was wondering what you guys think of that pricing - any input would be appreciated

Marc

That sounds about right to me.

I've got the older equivalent, M9540 ROPS with a canopy, 12 speed, two rear remotes, radial tires, cast centers, two sets of wheel weights, loaded tires all the way around and self leveling loader with 3rd function. Bought it last fall, no regrets.

See if you can get them to throw in a canopy (if it doesn't already have one) or a rear work light at that price. If that doesn't work try to get it at their cost. Both are nice to have.