Made holders for the tractor.

/ Made holders for the tractor. #23  
If you register a vechical in Maine you will pay an exise tax that is based on it's value. I believe the op has the only registered tractor in Maine. At least exise tax is deductable on your income taxes. Aiso I believe if you contact your local state legislator you will get your money back.

/ Made holders for the tractor. #24  
Now the town can't give me a hard time having the chainsaw and gas in the bucket. The tube on the left on the rops will hold gas in bottles the one on the right holds tools and on the deck a chainsaw holder. Will be going tow marrow and start cutting 8cords of wood to donate to family's to heat there homes.

I will be adding a tube on the ROPS to hold a couple of chains. What diameter pipe did you use? I will also be borrowing another idea from a poster--using plumber's pipe-pressure-testing stoppers to close the end of the two 4.25" inside diameter support tubes that are a part of the FEL frame. My L3800 has a very small tool box, and I plan on putting some little-used items in those tubes.

/ Made holders for the tractor.
rbtjr said:
I will be adding a tube on the ROPS to hold a couple of chains. What diameter pipe did you use? I will also be borrowing another idea from a poster--using plumber's pipe-pressure-testing stoppers to close the end of the two 4.25" inside diameter support tubes that are a part of the FEL frame. My L3800 has a very small tool box, and I plan on putting some little-used items in those tubes.

Home depot 4 1/2 in pipe end cap at the bottom screw cap at the top. My dk40 has a small tool box now it holds pins and the smaller tube hold all my tools. Post pic when your done. Off to work i go.

/ Made holders for the tractor. #26  
landedakioti said:
Will be going tow marrow and start cutting 8cords of wood to donate to family's to heat there homes.

Good job...one the nicest things to do with a tractor is volunteer its use to help someone - always with you in the seat, of course.

Jon

/ Made holders for the tractor.
JonKioti said:
Good job...one the nicest things to do with a tractor is volunteer its use to help someone - always with you in the seat, of course.

Jon

Was using a old Massey ferguson that was hard to find parts so we bought the kioti to help get the road in scene they could raise 65,000 to have a company come in and do it. I been pulling the trees that the logger left behind. And the mess he was suppose to Clean up. Then the camp buy a stump bucket and a box blade and they where stolen or i would have gotten the stumps out and burning this winter. But helping getting firewood for family this winter. The 90hrs are all from working at the non profit. Kanuwodi art retreat to help kids that have been abused .

/ Made holders for the tractor. #28  
LAK, I have posted on one of your previous threads when you were talking about having to register your tractor. I will probably regret posting this:D but I am a police officer and I still just can't believe they are giving you such a hard time about this. If you follow the letter of the law then yes, technically a tractor in the state of Maine is only exempt from registration if it is used soley for farming or if your running it up to the local garage to get worked on. With that said I have never heard of any law enforcement officer or agency that honestly gave a crap about it. In my opinion Lisbon officers must not have enough to do. Has your issues been with the same officer or a multitude of different officers? This makes all of us look bad, there has got to be some common sense used in situations like this. I understand if you were using your tractor to commute to work every morning or if you are a flaming a##hole every time they deal with you then I could understand where they are coming from. From your posts on this forum I do not believe that is the case. :confused3: I am at a loss. Oh and for everyone else that posted here not all cops like donuts, some of us like bear claws, and cupcakes.

/ Made holders for the tractor. #29  
I always haul my chain saws and other tools in my bucket . So far i've only ran one saw over with the brush hog. luckily it was only a two week old ms290 . Wish i took a pic. of it , pieces spread all over. Never did find the chain

/ Made holders for the tractor. #30  
Dingo Man, I live in Hancock county. My shop is 1 1/2 miles from my house. I run the tractor back and forth a lot. I can drive it faster than loading and unloading from trailer. I have been passed by county and state police. They wave to me. Once I had a state follow into the shop yard, but he only wanted to warn me about a couple of breakins in the area. I do have a rear view mirror and do pull off the road for traffic coming up behind me. Sight distances are not good on this road and it is not real wide. I grew up in Cumberland county. Things in Maine are a lot different down that way now than when I grew up or where you and I live today.