MADE IN CHINA on JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / MADE IN CHINA on JD
As for Wallace, in Ten years there will be nobody to buy those tractors. WALMART don't pay that good.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #12  
Frankly, I think its embarrassing and a disgrace to our culture, our gubmint, and the US. We have lost our manufacturing and much of our service sectors to China and India.
My 7 year old daughter asked me the other day why everything was Made in China. I couldn't/didn't want to answer her and I fear for her future. I have lost faith in our corrupt gubmint. I can't even use the word goverment anymore. They don't deserve it.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #13  
specialkkl said:
What's wrong with stirring. I just wanted to know what other peoples thoughts on this were. I understand they are all made in Japan,etc. And if i didn't get a smoking divorce deal on my Mahindra I'd be making payments on a made in Japan JD. Just don't see how JD can throw that niche out the door, go to CHINA and become a Honda Davidson without some marketing people cringing. For now it's MADE IN TOMBALL TEXAS with a mitsubishi engine.

Just add salt as you're stirring...

You can joke about Honda Davidson. I've heard Harley is going to build a plant in China. They have a facility in Brazil (for the South American market) but those bikes are built in the US, knocked down, shipped and built back up in Brazil. As aggressive as China is, I doubt if they'd allow such limited manufacture.

I do know HD is buying some parts in China. I knew one of the HD Buyers who went there.

So, there goes at least one of the HD plants in the US.

Of course, most "made in China" threads go political sooner or later (in my first post, I wrote a comment that could be construed as "political"). TBN shuts these threads down pretty quickly (thank goodness!).

Anyway...look at all the money it's going to save parents...you don't need to send your kid to college to learn "Would you like fries with that, Sir?"

Last edited:
   / MADE IN CHINA on JD #14  
Sometimes made in china is the only option, meaning allot of north American companies just out right refuse to make some of the things the Asians are willing to make. In other words North American people just couldn't be bothered to manufacture it so they outsource to others that are willing to make it. Not saying this is the case with John Deere but something to think about.

Careful what you wish for, one day China might get fed up with making cheap consumer goods for us rich north Americans and then what are we going to do? Rely on factories that are not willing to make us the goods we need to buy?

If it makes anyone feel better the front end loader on my JD 2520 is made in Canada at the Welland Ontario Plant.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #15  
In 10 years, China's reputation for making junk might be mostly "old school" thinking.
They don't make junk because it is all they can make. They make junk because we ask them to. With their industrial complex and economy going berzerk, you can bet someone is thinking about their image problem.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #16  
I agree with JDCAN, we cannot seem to make much of anything ourselves anymore. We have graduated--if this is the correct term--from a nation of production to one of design, with production going overseas. I have nothing against the "global economy" but we cannot continue to outsource more and more of our production and still have a strong manufacturing base. I understand why JD outsources some of these components and I know their philosophy is to make the best they can for the least, to maintain good profit margins to keep the American icon going. I though, must admit, was disappointed when I saw my JD 300cx loader with "Made in China" castings for the mounting posts.

John M

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #17  
I can hardly wait to hear Boeing's excuses when one of Chinese made tail sections on their jets fails and causes a crash resulting in a few hundred deaths.

I am so sick of seeing "Made in China" on stuff because I know it fails quickly, is shoddily made by workers making maybe 6-cents on the dollar compared to an American, Japanese or European worker.

Whenever something fails with the "Made in China" label, I gripe via email to the manufacturer. I know I may as well be spitting into a hurricane; but if we don't gripe in force, the manufacturers won't take notice.

I'd like to see stiff tariffs on Chinese made junk to offset the dumping of goods on the market at or below cost.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #18  
specialkkl said:
For now it's MADE IN TOMBALL TEXAS with a mitsubishi engine.
It more accurately, made in Japan with minor final assembly in Texas. That is a Mitsubishi tractor, not just the engine.

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #19  
Try your GM vehicle, I see the parts boxes and parts made in CHINA. Keep that great GM feeling with genuine GM parts:mad:

/ MADE IN CHINA on JD #20  
The loader on my off-brand Farmtrac is made in the good old USA:rolleyes:

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.