Buying Advice Made in the USA tractors

/ Made in the USA tractors #1  

Gee Ray

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bota L2501, NH TL80A
Last edited:
   / Made in the USA tractors #4  
What does that even mean? "MADE"? Assembled? Find me an engine that is manufactured in the states, hydraulic pumps and motors? Where is the steel made?

/ Made in the USA tractors #5  
Ventrac compact tractors?

/ Made in the USA tractors #6  
   / Made in the USA tractors
What does that even mean? "MADE"? Assembled? Find me an engine that is manufactured in the states, hydraulic pumps and motors? Where is the steel made?

Look I was trying to make a list of tractors that are made in America that does not include JD,Agco,Kubota etc. The non-normal names that make a product that might fit a niche in the tractor market in the USA. If you google "Tractor made in the USA" the names that I listed are not showing up. I thought it might be helpful to make a list that would give people other choices. IF you want to be 100% Made in the USA there is not much in ANY industry that fits that category. Simplicity tractors just came to mind they are owned by Briggs and Stratton but I do not know if B & S is still owned or built in the US. I do not want to make this my life's mission. I was trying to get some knowledge that is all.

/ Made in the USA tractors #8  
My contention that the only thing made here today is babies and even they are delivered with instruments made offshore.

/ Made in the USA tractors #9  
It's a GLOBAL marketplace. I guess it kind of depends whether you are wanting a product largly made in the US or are trying to support your own economy. A very Japanese company, like HONDA might create a lot of local jobs at a local assembly plant, and this is good for your economy and maybe a reason to support the product, but hardly "Made in the USA"

/ Made in the USA tractors
My contention that the only thing made here today is babies and even they are delivered with instruments made offshore.

So all the things that you built were not American made? There was some guy in another part of the world that bought all the pieces and ideas of the things that you built put them together and shipped them to you? Or did you spend hours in your shop to make the things that you sold? Unless Michigan has moved I would call what you did as made in America.