Buying Advice Made in the USA tractors

/ Made in the USA tractors
It's a GLOBAL marketplace. I guess it kind of depends whether you are wanting a product largly made in the US or are trying to support your own economy. A very Japanese company, like HONDA might create a lot of local jobs at a local assembly plant, and this is good for your economy and maybe a reason to support the product, but hardly "Made in the USA"

Some guy in another part of the world did not decide to build a tractor, bring the pieces together and assemble them into a machine and then send it to the US. An idea was born here time was spent designing and testing and then manufacturing that idea into a useful product. The parts came from where ever but the tractor is still made in America in MY VIEW.

Last edited:
   / Made in the USA tractors #12  
You're almost a century too late for that notion. But I have a hat you might like.

You're almost a century too late for that notion. But I have a hat you might like.

Research the Oggun tractor. That is what the man is doing. May be he will not die rich from it but he did not sit on his back side nitpicking someone else's idea.

As mama says, "If you ain't got something nice to say don't say nothin'".

/ Made in the USA tractors #14  
Research the Oggun tractor. That is what the man is doing. May be he will not die rich from it but he did not sit on his back side nitpicking someone else's idea.

As mama says, "If you ain't got something nice to say don't say nothin'".

Isn't that a Cuban company? :confused:

Isn't that a Cuban company? :confused:

My understanding was they were making them here inorder to sale them to Cuba. But they are not allowed to to send them to Cuba due to the political BS that is going on now.

/ Made in the USA tractors #16  
Gee Ray, it was enjoyable to look at the tractor links you posted. Forgot some of them and some did not know about. If I wanted a garden (gave my garden spot away for our youngest daughter a place to build) some of those are much better than the traditional tractors would be.

/ Made in the USA tractors #17  
It's a GLOBAL marketplace. I guess it kind of depends whether you are wanting a product largly made in the US or are trying to support your own economy. A very Japanese company, like HONDA might create a lot of local jobs at a local assembly plant, and this is good for your economy and maybe a reason to support the product, but hardly "Made in the USA"

Hardly made in Japan, either. :)

/ Made in the USA tractors #18  
So all the things that you built were not American made? There was some guy in another part of the world that bought all the pieces and ideas of the things that you built put them together and shipped them to you? Or did you spend hours in your shop to make the things that you sold? Unless Michigan has moved I would call what you did as made in America.

made in American from parts sourced worldwide. Candidly, I try to buy domestic made raw materials but the cost is getting way out of hand. keep thinking about closing up shop. I'm old school in that respect.

The market place is very tough today. believe me.

/ Made in the USA tractors #19  
I was in a Home Depot parking lot about 10 years ago and a guy walked up to me and asked directions. He was wearing a cool looking Case-IH jacket. I asked him if he worked for Case-IH. I said he used to work for them in Minnesota, but relocated to PA after being laid off. I asked him why. He said that Case-IH closed their large displacement Diesel engine block casting foundry and moved it to China. A heartbreaking story.

/ Made in the USA tractors #20