"Made in the USA"

/ "Made in the USA" #1  

Thunder25

\"Made in the USA\"

First, I would like to say this is my first posting!

I'm looking forward to any/all information I can take-in...

-- x --

Okay, I'm looking to purchase a tractor comparable to Kubota BX2200.

Comparable means close as I can get, but American Made!

Any/all information is appreciated...

/ "Made in the USA" #2  
Re: \"Made in the USA\"

Sorry, no such thing to my knowledge, not even close. The Massey Ferguson is made by Iseki, the BX is by Kubota, the JohnDeere 2210 is by Yanamar and the Kioti CK20 is by Kioti of Korea and the NH TC18 is outsourced from all over. All of these are very nice units, none are made in the USA. Good luck. J

/ "Made in the USA" #3  

I agree with Trescrow, and I have been told by my GM guru who always buys American (but owns a Kubota L) that no American company even manufactures a small deisel. Your going to have a tough time finding one. I also buy American when they make the best product in that segment. While this has not yet been the case "in my opinion" for a vehicle or such, I can say that I have American made shoes (where are yours from /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) This is more often than people reaize because many people are so dead set to get the lowest price that they don't look outside of the large department stores for anything. (I digress)
Anyway...
The BX is assembled in Georgia. I'm pretty sure that the people who are putting them together have families to feed. That, and the fact that all small tractor engines are imported, was enough to free me from guilt.
Good luck to you, and thank you for your service /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ "Made in the USA" #4  

The only American made tractor I know of that comes "close" to the BX 2200 is the Terramite. CLICK HERE to go to their web site. They are made in West Virginia, but are a Tractor, Loader, Backhoe. I don't believe you can take the backhoe off, as I don't believe it has a three point hitch. Might be worth a look though as American made.

/ "Made in the USA" #5  

Check out the Powertrac in the forums below. I believe it is made here in Virginia.
Mark

/ "Made in the USA" #6  

Let me second the suggestion of Power Trac. The tractors are built in Virginia. The engine source varies for these tractors, depending on the model with the diesel models using a German built engine. However some of the gas models use a Kohler engine that is built in the US.

The Power Trac web site is: Power Trac

/ "Made in the USA" #7  

Thunder25: I believe gator & marki61 are correct - Terramite & Powertrac are the only machines in that size range made in US. Some are assembled in the US though - New Holland has an assembly plant in Georgia as does Deere. My NH TC40 was built in Georgia from Shibauru parts (Japanese). The combinations of Government interference (from OSHA, unemployment taxes through mandated benefits, etc.), Unions to Mr. Clinton's NAFTA are driving employment out of the US. That, combined with the natural desire to buy cheaply, makes it almost impossible to "buy American" even if you want to.

By the way, the Terramite is not a bad machine - much more capable than it looks at first glance. I rented one for a project and it did a nice job. But, no 3pt, etc. Also, comments made on the Powertrac in these forums tend to be very favorable by those who are using them.

Good luck in buying something "made in the USA."

JEH

/ "Made in the USA" #9  

The Ingersoll 7000 series might be another one, but they don't accept a MMM, only rear 3pt, and all attachments are unique to them as they are hydraulically driven.
Ingersoll

/ "Made in the USA" #10  

Yes, the Power Trac is made in the USA , and some of its engines are too. The Robin engine on the smaller units I think is by Subaru, the Kohler is US and the Deutz(sp?) is German. I bought mine because it is a good machine that suits my needs. In my humble opinion, that's the only thing you should consider when purchasing a tractor.... Will it suit my needs? If it doesn't fit that criteria, what's the point of buying it, no matter where it is made? Good luck in your search. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif