"Made in the USA"

/ "Made in the USA" #21  
Re: \"Made in the USA\"

Gary, Yes and the shelves at Wal Mart would be bare.

/ "Made in the USA" #22  

Simplicity does make a small tractor similar to the JD X400 series. It has 24hp Briggs & Stratton 3 cyl diesel engine, a 3pt and compatible FEL and BH attachments. It doesn't have 4wd, but does have a rear differential lock.

BTW, I thought the Class I NH's (TC18-24) were 100% Shibaura's. I saw a TC24D that had a Made in Japan label, and found a nearly identical Shibaura model that sells in Europe. The only difference that I can see was that it was red. The same would be true for the TC30.

/ "Made in the USA" #23  

Why do you want an American tractor? most "american" tractors are made with korean engines and parts from asia

/ "Made in the USA" #24  

Are you telling us the PowerTech engines in JD are made in Korea and the Catepillar diesels as well? Are the Case/NH engines made there. I know Bobcats use Kubota diesels from Japan. Case industrial? I don't know, but I have not kept up with nor really make it a point too. I tend to look at quality and need first, everything else comes second. Rat...

/ "Made in the USA" #25  

I remember a few years back when New Holland made a big deal about opening there assembly plant in Georgia to make the then to be introduced Boomer line. Granted they have some part from around the world but the actual Boomers are "made in the USA" as least as far as New Holland's press releases and web site. Here's a quote from the Boomer page of the New Holland site "Boomer compact tractors are built from the ground up to blast through any job. Assembled at the New Holland plant in Dublin, Georgia, Boomer applies the best in big-tractor thinking to a compact for the farm, the estate or the job site."

Andy

/ "Made in the USA" #26  

There are two complete tractors under 100hp wholly built in America. Case and JD @ 85hp and 95hp respectively.
(I forget the exact models) Small JDs are yanmar or german made.
Case uses mostly Consolidated Diesel Corp. engines which are a joint venture between Case and Cummins. I believe Komatsu has holdings in CDC as well. I dunno where their smaller engines are made; probably Iseki, Shinbara(sp?), or Mitsubishi.

FYI, the big Cub Cadets are made by Mitsubishi.

I'm with you Rat, Companies are so interdependant these days, Keeping up with exactly where every piece is made would be very hard.

/ "Made in the USA" #27  

There are two complete tractors under 100hp wholly built in America. Case and JD @ 85hp and 95hp respectively.
(I forget the exact models) Small JDs are yanmar or german made.
Case uses mostly Consolidated Diesel Corp. engines which are a joint venture between Case and Cummins. I believe Komatsu has holdings in CDC as well. I dunno where their smaller engines are made; probably Iseki, Shinbara(sp?), or Mitsubishi.

Caterpillar's small diesels are made by perkins. I dunno exactly where Perkins has a factory.

FYI, the big Cub Cadets are made by Mitsubishi.

I'm with you Rat, Companies are so interdependant these days, Keeping up with exactly where every piece is made would be very hard.

/ "Made in the USA" #28  

O.K., I just grabbed the flashlight and took a look outside at my tractor. I was expecting to see "Assembled in USA" on the manufacturer's plate, but instead I found "Made in USA" /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I noticed that there are three seperate serial numbers on the plate: tractor, engine, & transmission. So it is possible that they are from 3 different sources. I popped the hood, and found the Shibaura on the engine. I didn't see a made in Japan, but I assume that is where it is made. I looked around and saw several "Made in USA" stamps: One was on the radiator, several were on the hoses. I did notice that the battery had a "Made in Japan" and the headlights had a "Made in Germany" (Phillips). Since it has been raining here, I choose not to crawl under the tractor to see what the transmission said - sorry guys, I'm not that dedicated. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I did notice that my FEL & MMM both had "Made in USA" on the name plates. So, the Class II & III Boomers have a fair amount of U.S. content. I would assume the same might be true for the larger JD CUTS.

/ "Made in the USA" #29  

White's shoe company, Spokane, Washington. All hand made from all USA materials. Best boots made. All of us foresters won't wear anything else.

/ "Made in the USA" #30  

Dave

Thanks for checking it out. I wasn' trying to be a pain or anything, I just know that my 2120 was made in Japan and that NH made such a big deal that the Boomers were going to be made in Georgia. BTW, My TN75 is made in Italy ( and says it in huge letters right on the cab glass to make sure no one misses it)

Andy