Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Made in USA #11  
Price is all that matters, even if the quality is substandard. ...
You got that right. Our Toyota cost less than our Chevy and is built better, too. Ooops. Looks like the Toyota costs less AND is built better than our Chevy.

Well, at least our Chevy is built in the U.S. by U.S. workers. Ooops again. It was built in Canada by bacon eaters and the Toyota was built in Peirceton, Indiana. In fact, our Toyota is ranked as the 6th most American of American made cars and trucks.

Well, at least the profits from the Chevy will stay in America... ARrrggg! Wrong again. The major stock holders of all the American car companies are foreign.

Grrrrrrr. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and be patriotic and purchase expensive, inferior, foreign stock held "American" products to save my overpaid union autoworker neighbor's job.

O.K. That was all kind of nasty and I apologize. But the truth of the matter is there are good products made all over the world. And there are poor products made all over the world. And then there is you and me and our personal budgets. Why in the heck should we spend $100.00 on a very nice hand tool that will last a lifetime when we can spend $20.00 on one that will get the job done perfectly adequately for our needs? If you can afford a more expensive hand tool and want a more expensive hand tool that is fine and dandy. I myself have a few very nice things that I bought because I wanted them, not needed them (see my American made compact tractor). However, who are we to tell anyone else how they should spend their hard earned money? If someone wants to offer a product or service for less money than you or I are willing to provide it for, who are we to tell them they cannot? If someone wants to work for less than me, I would expect them to get the job. I then have to lower my requested price or starve. It is survival of the one willing to survive. Plain and simple.

/ Made in USA #12  
Never.

Nobody, and I mean nobody has their hands clean on this issue. People that say they try are just lying to themselves, I think. People will only buy USA if it's convenient enough, or cheap enough.

This country as a whole cares NOTHING about the average worker, only about the business owner or executive that makes the big bucks.

I disagree and I have nothing but respect and best intentions for the average worker. I have a beef with the average worker that thinks there stuff doen't stink and demands the big bucks and the big benefits for doing an average workers job. I have no porblem watching their jobs go to mexico or over seas.

/ Made in USA #13  
Moss: Im not saying blind loyality to made in the US. I have no problem supporting European or Asian companies as well. As a bacon eating canadian, i say "buy more canadian toyotas", i drive one, except mine was made by you "gun toatin' yanks" :p

What i am saying is that China products have no respect for safety, quality control or patents. Things that North Americian and European companies HAVE to respect. Plus Western Companies pay their workers a fair wage. Would you work for $100 a month? Thats the issue.

Has anyone ever gotten lead painted or melamine infused products out of europe or north america? Not that i know of.

In some ways, china is the ultimate capitalist... Need to increase protein... Add melamine.. who cares what the consequences are.. its cheap.

Same goes for lead in plastic toys.. cheap way to add mass.

/ Made in USA #14  
I disagree and I have nothing but respect and best intentions for the average worker. I have a beef with the average worker that thinks there stuff doen't stink and demands the big bucks and the big benefits for doing an average workers job. I have no porblem watching their jobs go to mexico or over seas.

Just like I said.

Nobody but me deserves to make a good salary.

Because that's what every single breathing american thinks about themselves and their jobs, you and I included. We all deserve big bucks; nobody thinks that they should work for less money. If a company is getting average quality, that's a leadership and QC problem, not a worker problem. If you have an unproductive worker, fire him and put him on unemployment. Hire somebody else. If there's no one else to hire, that's not the worker's problem, it's now your problem. Better yet would be to use proper leadership/management tools to coach that worker into performing the way you want. Average quality would probably surpass chinese quality on many accounts, so if you're implying an average job is an average job, thats better than a piss poor job, I don't know how many ways there is to tighten a nut on a bolt, either it's tight or its not, either it's rounded off or it's not, either it's to torque or not, yet the boss still doesn't want to be the nugget tightening the bolt, he wants to be in the office or on the golf course....and that nugget deserves to earn a fair wage, a liveable wage, and a wage that is as large as he can negotiate for....If a company has to pay an exorbitant amount to get someone to work there, it's not the workers problem. If a company can't find a way to be profitable and pay more than minimum wage than so be it, the company closes or goes overseas.

You and I and everyone else here enjoys the quality of life that the USA affords, only, economic conditions and cost of living has priced this business and that business out of solvency. It wont get better until third world countries improve their quality of life and subsequent cost of living to near what the first world nations are. So that the bottom 50% of our graduating seniors can have a job too.

Last edited:
   / Made in USA #15  
Just like I said.

Nobody but me deserves to make a good salary.

Because that's what every single breathing american thinks about themselves and their jobs, you and I included. We all deserve big bucks; nobody thinks that they should work for less money. If a company is getting average quality, that's a leadership and QC problem, not a worker problem.

What is "just like I said"

You can't speak for me since I don't have a "job".

/ Made in USA #16  
What is "just like I said"

You can't speak for me since I don't have a "job".

I know. I was pointing out how your last sentence highlights the attitude that most of america has, I don't care if someone elses job is shipped overseas. Talk is cheap.

I wouldn't have said anything had you said "I have no problem watching a particular worker getting fired because he demanded a raise and didn't improve his output in the past six months". When you condemn an industry or socioeconomic class to bad will, it displays the attitude.

/ Made in USA #17  
I know. I was pointing out how your last sentence highlights the attitude that most of america has, I don't care if someone elses job is shipped overseas. Talk is cheap.

I wouldn't have said anything had you said "I have no problem watching a particular worker getting fired because he demanded a raise and didn't improve his output in the past six months". When you condemn an industry or socioeconomic class to bad will, it displays the attitude.

You sure can read alot out of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.