Made in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Made in USA #21  
Moss: Im not saying blind loyality to made in the US. I have no problem supporting European or Asian companies as well. As a bacon eating canadian, i say "buy more canadian toyotas", i drive one, except mine was made by you "gun toatin' yanks" :p

What i am saying is that China products have no respect for safety, quality control or patents. Things that North Americian and European companies HAVE to respect. Plus Western Companies pay their workers a fair wage. Would you work for $100 a month? Thats the issue.

Has anyone ever gotten lead painted or melamine infused products out of europe or north america? Not that i know of.

In some ways, china is the ultimate capitalist... Need to increase protein... Add melamine.. who cares what the consequences are.. its cheap.

Same goes for lead in plastic toys.. cheap way to add mass.

Guns is great!!! :D (so is bacon).

Didn't the Chinese execute one of the guys responsible for the melamine fiasco?

As for what I'd work for a month... if I was a starving peasant I'd probably work for less than the next guy just to get something. Many Americans seem to have a disdain for someone that will do the same job as them for less. They get insulted. The other guy has to eat as well.

/ Made in USA #22  
Moss: Yeah the Chinese did execute one of the guys. This was a Save face measure to the rest of the world. ie: "see we take this stuff seriously".. however in actual fact i doubt it will make much difference and its only a matter of time until the next one. Ive seen way to much bad QC out of china to think that one execution will make a difference.

As far as peasants making less then we do.. well i suppose. Its all relative.. however when these peasants are paid in a falsely devalued currency, and nationally owned companies get to poison their workers and countryside with no repercussions then things change. It certainly gives companies setting up shop there an unfair advantage over companies who want to stay in the States or europe and abide by our rules.

/ Made in USA #23  
Moss: Yeah the Chinese did execute one of the guys. This was a Save face measure to the rest of the world. ie: "see we take this stuff seriously".. however in actual fact i doubt it will make much difference and its only a matter of time until the next one. Ive seen way to much bad QC out of china to think that one execution will make a difference.

As far as peasants making less then we do.. well i suppose. Its all relative.. however when these peasants are paid in a falsely devalued currency, and nationally owned companies get to poison their workers and countryside with no repercussions then things change. It certainly gives companies setting up shop there an unfair advantage over companies who want to stay in the States or europe and abide by our rules.

I'll agree with you on foreign government owned companies having an unfair advantage over privately or publicly owned companies.

/ Made in USA #24  
One industry that will never be outsourced overseas is the creation of threads on discussion forums that whine about jobs moving overseas and whine about imports.:D

/ Made in USA #25  
One industry that will never be outsourced overseas is the creation of threads on discussion forums that whine about jobs moving overseas and whine about imports.:D

Or people whining about people creating threads that whine about jobs moving overseas and imports:rolleyes:

/ Made in USA #26  
Or people whining about people creating threads that whine about jobs moving overseas and imports:rolleyes:
Or people whining about people creating threads that whine about people telling you that you bought the wrong tractor.... mine is perfect. ;)

/ Made in USA #27  
It's very hard to find things made in the US any more. My new Weber grill? China. A big honkin' Milwaukee gear drive circular saw? China.

I work in manufacturing, and I make about the same now as I did 12 years ago, without adjusting for inflation! So I've actually lost quite a bit of income. The only bright spot I see is that an increasing number of our customers want everything manufactured in the US.

/ Made in USA #28  
You got that right. Our Toyota cost less than our Chevy and is built better, too. Ooops. Looks like the Toyota costs less AND is built better than our Chevy.

You are very wrong here..... Look at the people that work the trucks every day and those people drive domestic trucks because they will take the abuse a truck needs to take. They many not be as good if it is a road truck all the time, but if it is a working truck look at what is out there.

Also even if a toyota is made here in the states, where is the engineering and profits and most subcontractors from? What about if it is a chevy assembled in canada?

Last, the reason the assembly and some parts production has left the states is because of the unions lets put the blame where it is due.... THE UNIONS and their greedy leadership and look who we have in the white house, a union Chicago politician....

/ Made in USA #29  
Remember that phrase from a couple years back - 'race to the bottom'. Well, if the rest of the world wants to have a race to edge of a cliff, do you want to race with them? I don't, but that is what we are being forced into.

I don't blame unions, the average worker, etc., the blame goes to politicians and the lobbyists who tell them what to do, and pay well for the privilege.

Follow the money, who pays the lobbyists?

Also, for every big cheese making an extra $5 million per year, that is enough to pay 6,250 40 hour work weeks at $20/hour. Think about the numbers.

/ Made in USA #30  
You are very wrong here.....

Which part am I very wrong about... that our Toyota cost less than our Chevy or is built better than our Chevy? Neither one. It did cost less and it is built better. And it was built by American workers, so we know American workers are capable of quality work. It just isn't demanded of them in American owned auto plants. As for who's fault that is... you got that part right. Greedy labor and greedy management.

On a side note, I was in the McDonald's drive through this morning and saw a bumper sticker on the car in front of me that really hit home.

"Bailout Studebaker"

Status
Not open for further replies.