Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #1  

bubbashank

Tractor
Mahindra 1533 HST
It has a good battery in it i’ve checked with a multimeter. screen won’t turn on and it won’t turn over, i’ve checked most of the fuses related to the screen and ecu but i don’t know what to check next.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #2  
Check battery voltage with the key on so you have some load. It should read about 12.6 volts. If that's good try cleaning and tightening terminals. Don't forget the frame ground. Do you have a main fuse, circuit breaker, or fusible link?

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode
i’m reading 12.6, terminals are tight and pretty clean and i can’t really tell if there’s a main fuse

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 69
   / Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #4  
A little background might help. When did it last run? What happened between then & now? Any changes/repairs you or someone else made? Did it get wet? How much resistance in your main wires? I see a gap in the connector for one of your grounds & looks like dust/moisture may have worked in for corrosion? how old is the battery? have you load tested? have you tried hooking up a battery charger & seeing if it makes any difference? Are you getting voltage to the key switch? Out of it? How are the ground(s)? Any excessive draw when everything is off (short somewhere). All connectors & relays tight & clean? (the relay in the yellow connector looks elevated a bit -- how are the terminals?) Any sign of rodent activity in the wiring? Failed safety switch or incorrect position of PTO/neutral/clutch/etc.? Other than checking for power & grounds in the obvious areas, hard to figure out where to start without a wiring diagram.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #5  
12.6v should light up the instrument panel.

With your multi meter check the resistance between the negative terminal on the battery and an unpainted bolt on the engine. It should be 0 or close to it. If not, there is resistance in the ground, between the engine or frame ground and the battery.

Checking the other power side is a little more complex. A wiring diagram would help there. But there should be a fuse block between the battery and the ignition switch, and that should be live all the time. You can find an exposed terminal there and check voltage vs ground.

it last ran a few weeks ago it’s been sitting outside in florida for about a month but it’s ran great the whole time all the connections are clean no repairs it got wet from rain but nothing super bad. i am getting about 1.6 v to the key switch when it’s off, 0.8 when it’s in accessory and 0 when its turned all the way i don’t see why the screen wouldn’t turn on if the position sensors are bad but i’ll check

i’m getting 12.6 from the negative terminal and 12.6 from any other metal on the machine

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #8  
If nothing is happening, it may be a safety switch. Just make sure it’s not in gear, pto switch is off, etc.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #9  
Mine was flooded by Ian. Initially drained battery from flooded Starter, Got her to start with a 200 Amp charger after water dropped & moved her to where I could work on a Hydro leak, then she wouldn't light up again when the hydraulics were fixed. New battery got lights to the Instruments, but no start & parasitic draw. Cleaned up both grounds, then Starter replacement fixed mine. Short in my solenoid or windings and a frozen bendix.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #10  
it last ran a few weeks ago it’s been sitting outside in florida for about a month but it’s ran great the whole time all the connections are clean no repairs it got wet from rain but nothing super bad. i am getting about 1.6 v to the key switch when it’s off, 0.8 when it’s in accessory and 0 when its turned all the way i don’t see why the screen wouldn’t turn on if the position sensors are bad but i’ll check

Those voltages to/from the switch don't sound right. check the wire runs (hot and ground) to the switch for resistance/burns/breaks & check the resistance of the switch itself. As far as I know, you should be getting full battery voltage to the switch, slightly less when on acc due to draw & slightly less but close to batt voltage through the switch to the solenoid on start. Do you have a service manual to see what the voltage specs are? Will help with the wiring diagram, testing process & to see where to go next.

Last edited: