Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode
it was a bad reading but i’m still only getting 10v from it

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #12  
simple check ... run a jumper from the hot side of battery to the voltage in on the switch and a jumper from the ground to a good ground (or Batt -) if that fixes it, you need to figure out which is bad Hot or - side then trace wires, Fuse it in case you have a bad switch with a short.

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #13  
Check these two fuses (red circle) typically one is between battery and tractors electrical "system" and one is to protect alternator output...

Also what is "alligator" clip on pos. post of battery (red arrow)?

Also the funky after market pos. battery clamp looks sort of nasty... A cleanup and some anti corrosive compound would not hurt...

Without wiring diagram its really hard to help trouble shoot from (remote) other side of computer screen....

image.jpg

/ Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #14  
I thought that was the e multimeter lead, but given how it's looped on the wire ties, & the crimp where it exits the engine compartment maybe it's more permanent & someone jumped the starter circuit in the past & that's the issue?

simple check ... run a jumper from the hot side of battery to the voltage in on the switch and a jumper from the ground to a good ground (or Batt -) if that fixes it, you need to figure out which is bad Hot or - side then trace wires, Fuse it in case you have a bad switch with a short.
i did it and it worked, the positive wire going to the ignition is jumping from 2.8 to 3.4 to 4.2 to 5.4 back and forth randomly and spontaneously

Check these two fuses (red circle) typically one is between battery and tractors electrical "system" and one is to protect alternator output...

Also what is "alligator" clip on pos. post of battery (red arrow)?

Also the funky after market pos. battery clamp looks sort of nasty... A cleanup and some anti corrosive compound would not hurt...

Without wiring diagram its really hard to help trouble shoot from (remote) other side of computer screen....

View attachment 780141
i check d those and the alligator clip is a charger i installed

For anyone just joining i’ve narrowed it down to it being my positive wire to my starter

i’ve followed it back to the fuse box and am only getting 3.5 ish v from the fuse box what could it be before the fuse box

red black wire is only giving me 3.5 ish volts i followed that back to the second picture which is “Main 60a”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
   / Mahindra 1533 HST good battery, won’t turn on even into accessory mode #20  
Pull the fuse & check for corrosion clean & use dielectric as necessary. Make sure you're getting 12V to the fuse hot side from the battery. if it's low coming into the fuse, trace the wire back to the battery. Using the ohmmeter on the MM, check for resistance across the fuse (should be 0). disconnect the battery hot & check resistance from fuse IN side to the end of the cable. Could be what Wrangler said & you need to clean up/replace the terminal clamp. maybe remove the red wire from where it's wrapped around the clamp bolt & if it'll reach, use a ring terminal & a nut to attach to the post you have the charger connected to (or at least a ring terminal back under the clamp bolt).