Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse.

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse. #1  

Starbucket

Hi the tractor ran fine whin I parked it. I went to start it after it sat for 2 weeks and after 5 sec.s heating the glow plugs everything went dead. I found the 50 amp. fuse on the glow circuit had blowen, I couldn't find any damaged wires after a quick look so I replaced the fuse which blew the second I turned the key to on, so now I know something is a dead short, Anyone have this happen to them or have any clues where I should start?
Thanks, Pat

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse. #2  
I've not had it happen but suspect fifty amp fuses can run into money while troubleshooting. Try replacing the fuse in the circuit with a light bulb. The bulb will limit the current while showing you current is still flowing.

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse.
LOL Yep that was the first thing I did. I popped the top off the blowen 50 amp fuse and wired in a blade fuse holder that I then made two short cables with male/female connectors that plug into the blade fuse holder and a H7 head light I had laying around. Now I'm hoping someone on here had the same problem and can point me in the right direction to look, I know it's just the glow circuit as the main 50 amp fuse is fine.

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse. #4  
Since you've narrowed down to the glow plug circuit you could try to determine if the controller or a relay is shorted to ground internally.

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse. #5  
Pull the jumper bar off the glow plugs and check each glow plug with an ohm meter. Each glow plug should be around 2 ohms. Less than .75 ohms would indicate a dead short that would cause the fuse to blow. Cam

I removed the jumper bar and (I'm not sure what scale I was on) but I got 6 on all 3 glow plugs and I took the glow plug controller apart because I couldn't find a ground in the connections on it and every thing looked new, coil, contacts, and circuit board showed no burned areas so I would think a 50A short would be obvious in the wiring somewhere but I cant get a wiring diagram because the web site prints out a 3 page diagram on one page in micro print, imposable to read.

Where do I look? I found parts & lubricants but no wiring diagrams.

OK, I found the short, turned out to be a shorted glow plug. Traced all the wires in the glow circuit and nothing was grounded so I took the power wire to the glow plugs and ran a jumper (with connector bar removed) to each glow plug and hit the key, glow plug light stayed on until I reached #1 which popped the fuse as soon as key was turned. Funny thing was when I tried the OHM check there wasn't that much difference between the other glow plugs when in the engine but on the bench it showed short.

/ Mahindra 1815 blowing 50 amp fuse. #10  
Change them all Otherwise you will be chasing the problem. I think my 3616 (3 glow plugs) cost me $65 Canadian. I bought aftermarket (part number from my dealer as he had no stock) from Napa and got 3 of the last 7 in town. Cam