Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP!

/ Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP! #11  
Hi guys, I am a new member of the site. I have been looking around for quite a while and have found so much good info from you all.

I found this old thread because it seems to be the exact same problem that I am having. I have a Mahindra 24154wd and during last summers rototilling the PTO stopped working, similar to the other posters. I think that i have narrowed the problem to the PTO clutch. With the tractor running and the PTO engaged the shaft will spin but I can grab the shaft with a bare hand and stop it. I then turned the tractor off and engaged the PTO as Dave suggested and found that I can spin the shaft freely clockwise but in the opposite direction is when I hear the ratcheting sound. It seems like what Dave has described in the previous post accept that I can hear the ratcheting in the counterclockwise direction.
Short of splitting the tractor and inspecting the PTO clutch is this the best procedure to determine if it is working properly?

I am just looking to be as certain as possible before i split the tractor and order parts. Is this the best procedure to determine if the PTO clutch is the problem? Does it seem to you all like my problem is the PTO clutch?

Thanks again for all of the good info.

/ Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP! #12  
The 2415 uses a different style PTO over-running clutch than the ratcheting style on the 2615. Sounds like you need to replace the PTO OR clutch. Unfortunately that means splitting the tractor. Not a hard job, but it takes some time.

/ Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP! #13  
Thanks Dave, that is what I was afraid of. I just wanted to be a little more certain. I got a copy of the service manual and it doesn't look to difficult, just need to follow the process.

Thanks for the quick response,
Jeff

/ Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP! #14  
The 2415 uses a different style PTO over-running clutch than the ratcheting style on the 2615. Sounds like you need to replace the PTO OR clutch. Unfortunately that means splitting the tractor. Not a hard job, but it takes some time.
This is an old post but could you enlighten me on the ratchet clogs my 2615 is doing same thing , shaft turns free both ways

/ Mahindra 2615 HST pto clutch HELP! #15  
This is an old post but could you enlighten me on the ratchet clogs my 2615 is doing same thing , shaft turns free both ways
It's been years since we have had one of these failures, so you're straining my memory! The 2615, IIRC, had the ratcheting type OR clutch. See post #10 in this thread for some details. If with the PTO lever engaged (and engine off of course) you can spin the PTO shaft freely both ways (and the failure happened suddenly), I'd suggest a PTO clutch failure, or a PTO OR clutch failure.