mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #11  
Not reallly comparable, but I'd probably kill for either one!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I do plan to add a DK45 in the not too distant future (hoping hoping), but the Mahindras seem to be fine equipment. John

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #12  
When I was searching, my choice came down between a Mahindra 4110 or a Kioti DK 40 or 45. The DK 40 is probably more of a match to the 4110, and they were priced within a $100 of each other (at different dealers). I went with the DK 45 because it only cost a little more for the 4 or 5 extra hp.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either the Mahindra or Kioti. The dealer was the deciding factor in my decision. The Mahindra dealer was a little newer and not quite as nice, although certainly knowledgeable. Both dealerships are still in business and seem to be going strong (both the Kioti dealership and the Mahindra dealership have expanded in this area, while a Kubota and a New Holland dealership have both closed their doors in the last two years). If Kioti had not been an option for me, I definately would have gone with the Mahindra. Good luck with your decision.

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I looked at both these tractors. Looks like either would work for me. The mahindra seemed to have a much smoother engine and somewhat "beefier" build. The kioti has better spec on the hydraulics. Price aside, has anyone compared these two and arrived at specific conclusions?
mike )</font>

Mike, I am also considering these two machines. I have seen the Mahindra, but haven't made the two hour trek to a Kioti dealer. How do the machines compare in regards to size? I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the Mahindra 4110.

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( When I was searching, my choice came down between a Mahindra 4110 or a Kioti DK 40 or 45. The DK 40 is probably more of a match to the 4110, and they were priced within a $100 of each other (at different dealers). I went with the DK 45 because it only cost a little more for the 4 or 5 extra hp.

I don't think that you can go wrong with either the Mahindra or Kioti. The dealer was the deciding factor in my decision. The Mahindra dealer was a little newer and not quite as nice, although certainly knowledgeable. Both dealerships are still in business and seem to be going strong (both the Kioti dealership and the Mahindra dealership have expanded in this area, while a Kubota and a New Holland dealership have both closed their doors in the last two years). If Kioti had not been an option for me, I definately would have gone with the Mahindra. Good luck with your decision. )</font>

The only DK40 price w/FEL and R1 tires I have is $19,900. It is $500 higher than the two DK45 prices I have. How much should the difference be between the DK40 and the DK45?

I have an out of state price of just under $18K for the 4110 w/FEL, not including a possible $500 rebate.

Are these prices in line with the norms?

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only DK40 price w/FEL and R1 tires I have is $19,900. It is $500 higher than the two DK45 prices I have. How much should the difference be between the DK40 and the DK45? )</font>
Because I'm not really sure about the pricing, suffice it to say that the DK45 should be more than the smaller DK40.
I don't think the weights are correct on the website, the DK45 is a little larger, the DK40 being pretty much the same as the DK35. The weight is stated higher for the DK40, probably just opposite.
If I were ready to purchase, I would pay for the extra size and HP of the DK45. I would be suspect of the pricing of the DK40 based on what you've reported here. John

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #16  
where did you here about a rebate on the 4110? i'm in the middle of trying to decide between a 3510 and a 4110. $500.
can swing a vote /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #17  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">(
I have an out of state price of just under $18K for the 4110 w/FEL, not including a possible $500 rebate.)

Keith_B
$17500.00 is a great price for the 4110 new.
Do you have a Mahindra Dealer nearby that will handle warranty work if you purchase out of state?
2 Hrs away for the Kioti dealer, He should do a lot better on price in order to make it worthwhile for you to deal with him at those distances

Ron

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #18  
Ron wrote
"2 Hrs away for the Kioti dealer, He should do a lot better on price in order to make it worthwhile for you to deal with him at those distances ".
Only if the dealer isn't going to offer free pick up, or possibly free shipping on parts. Alot of variables.

KO

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45 #19  
KeithB, You have Mail.....and no I'm not trying to make a sale guys....Go local /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

KO

/ mahindra 4110 or kioti dk45
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Mike, I am also considering these two machines. I have seen the Mahindra, but haven't made the two hour trek to a Kioti dealer. How do the machines compare in regards to size? I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the Mahindra 4110. )</font>

I think the mahindra has a beefier front axle. I listened to the two again and tyhere is no doubt the mahindra has a smoother engine. The Kioti has more spacing between back wheels for a wider stance; probably the main reason I am still considering the Kioti (plus the 4 extra horses). Funny, I think my 4 horse team can do more work than the difference in these two tractors!
Please pm me with those good prices you are coming up with. I would be interested in which tractor you decide to go with and for what reasons.
Local dealer gave me a 28k price for dk45/loader, box blade, 6' cutter, HD post hole digger and back hoe. Thought it was a little high but he does on-site service during warranty.
The mahindra is still in the running due to smoother engine.
mike