Mahindra 5155 Anyone?

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #561  
SO glad that this thread is active again. It went dormant for some time after the initial surge. Obviously more are buying this awesome tractor. A read of all pages would be informative. Thanks especially to Andy and DaBear. Hope more 5145/55 owners contribute.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #562  
SO glad that this thread is active again. It went dormant for some time after the initial surge. Obviously more are buying this awesome tractor. A read of all pages would be informative. Thanks especially to Andy and DaBear. Hope more 5145/55 owners contribute.
Was thinking about a 5145/55 but haven't seen one yet up close & personal - no dealer close. Being it has a extra step anyone know how high is the highest point from ground with rops folded down. Just trying to determine if it will fit where I store it. Thanks.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #563  
Was thinking about a 5145/55 but haven't seen one yet up close & personal - no dealer close. Being it has a extra step anyone know how high is the highest point from ground with rops folded down. Just trying to determine if it will fit where I store it. Thanks.
the rops folds down low so the seat is higher then the folded rops, so if you can walk into the space without bending over you are good, with that said the rops is a PITA to fold/unfold so i avoid doing it.

BTW if you have not conversed with him, i would add Arrow to the list of resources on mahindra.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #564  
I have been occupied with another project lately. has anyone bought one lately? it looks like the price has jumped up a lot.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #565  
I have an 8' garage door and the ROPS is like 8'3-4" when raised. I had the ROPS cut down about 6" so it would fit. It is difficult to lower and raise routinely. See pic before painting.

Attachments

• 5155 ROPS lowering photo.jpg
    5155 ROPS lowering photo.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
   / Mahindra 5155 Anyone?
I can confirm that the tractor won’t fit under an 8’ door with the ROPS up. Ask me how I can confirm that 😂. So right now I have to fold it down when I put it away. I am in the planning stage for a dedicated shop at my place and it will definitely have 9’ doors. I’ve never measured the height folded down but the operator is the highest point with the ROPS down. Someone mentioned that the prices on the 5145/5155 have gone way up? Color me totally shocked 🤥. I think the list of things that haven’t gone up significantly would be much shorter than the list of things that have.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #567  
Thank for the replies. My opening height is 6'8" and higher after in. My MF1755m fits but have to duck to avoid a headache. Thanks again.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #568  
Thank for the replies. My opening height is 6'8" and higher after in. My MF1755m fits but have to duck to avoid a headache. Thanks again.
yea the 5145 is around 8' with the rops up

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #569  
I have an 8' garage door and the ROPS is like 8'3-4" when raised. I had the ROPS cut down about 6" so it would fit. It is difficult to lower and raise routinely. See pic before painting.
i went the other direction, I raised the doors to 10' lol nice work.

/ Mahindra 5155 Anyone? #570  
5155 Owner's Update:

So, I've had my 5155 for a few months now, and have been working it hard on my property clearing trees. I bought 12 acres initially, nice rectangle property, with a nice stream along the west property line. We are building our "retirement" home (just retired from the Army) and a little hobby farm. My implement I use the most is my Mahindra Grapple. That thing just works! I keep all the zeus fittings greased, and the tractor has run flawlessly. I am getting close to 40 hours of run time on it, starting to consider the first fluid change. What advise can you give, as to how to service it? Should I do all the fluids myself or have my dealer do the first service? I have the Mahindra extended warranty on it, but the tractor has been a dream so far.

Very easy to operate. The Long 3rd Function kit words my grapple like a champ! Still learning how to get the most from my Box Blade, but I'm getting there.

I plan to keep this tractor for a VERY long time.

Oh, by the way, I just picked up another 25.6 acres adjoining my existing 12 acres... so, this tractor will see a ton of light forestry work.

How many hours do you recommend the first fluid change?

Thanks again for all the advice on this thread. These new Mahindra 5145/5155 tractors are work horses!

Cheers!

New Projected Property Lines.JPG

Last edited: