Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #1  

firerepeller1132

Tractor
Mahindra Emax 20s
I was using the loader to move gravel the other day and the tractor stalled out. I tried restarting it, but it would not turn over. The starter was turning, but it would not catch. Since it was close to dark, I left it where it was in the yard. I went out this morning to try to get it to start, but no luck. I then noticed that the dash lights and sensors are not coming on. I started to check the fuse box, etc. One of the 30A fuses was blown which I replaced. Still no luck. The starter will crank, but it will not catch. the glow plugs, or at least the indicator lights, will not come on unless I turn the key to the left and hold it.

Any ideas or is it time for a trip to the dealer because it is messed up?

thanks in advance for any help

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #4  
What exactly does "not catch" mean?

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #5  
I think he means that it won't turn the engine. If that's the case, he has spun a gear in the starter motor, or has a hydro lock from the stall out or has fried a safety switch among the many, or his starter relay is shot (just switch the two with each other on the firewall and see if it starts) Or a bad fuel pump solenoid not allowing fuel to the injectors. Check ground wire as well.
There was a reason to blow a 30 amp fuse someplace.

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #6  
We need the OP to describe what the tractor is or isn’t doing…..or we’re all just guessing and not getting anywhere. 🤷

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run
the starter will turn/crank, but the engine will not start. The engine is not sputtering or anything. the only sound/vibration is from the starter

the dash gauges are still dead. the glow plug indicators and the warning indicators do not come on when you turn the key

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #8  
Ok so the starter cranks….but is it cranking the engine? If so is it cranking the engine fast as usual or does it seem slower? If slower, maybe have the battery load tested, replace if it’s determined to be weak. Diesel engines require strong batteries, especially when the weather turns colder…

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #9  
Check your battery terminal ends.
You may have corrosion there causing insufficient voltage for start up and lighting

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #10  
Check the fuse at the + battery terminal. If it cranks, there is some power getting to the solenoid for the starter. You also need power to the fuel shut off. your symptoms point to an electrical issue. Trace from the battery to the fuse links to the main fuse block to each individual fuse.