Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #11  
I recommend you take your tractor to the dealer for repair. Is never going to be correctly diagnosed and repaired at this rate.
I'm out.

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #12  
We need the OP to describe what the tractor is or isn’t doing…..or we’re all just guessing and not getting anywhere. 🤷
I disagree. I think the op has sufficiently described the situation and the hypothesis given thus far will definitely lead to a solution.
A fuse mostly blows because of a short. He blew a 30 amp. That should relate to false electrical path that could be caused by a fray someplace within that particular circuit.
H should check his battery terminals.
These things have a propensity for failure there.

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #13  
Good advice. However, maybe you could explain how his starter still works with a blown fuse, although he never did say which fuse. 🤷
Several posts advising him to check cables/connections.
We haven’t had any updates so I’m assuming he’s got it figured out, or he gave it away…

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #14  
Good advice. However, maybe you could explain how his starter still works with a blown fuse, although he never did say which fuse. 🤷
Several posts advising him to check cables/connections.
We haven’t had any updates so I’m assuming he’s got it figured out, or he gave it away…
Decent enough question with the answer being his starter is not on that electrical circuit.

If a fuel pump or injection system is, then this tractor will never start. The clue here is that his dash has also been affected and 30 amp is a large fuse to blow so it is either protecting a multiple circuitry or carries a large electrical draw.
Of course the pertinent question is what made the fuse blow and that is usually a short or overload And l have seen faulty relays do this But very uncommon since the fault causes an open circuit most of the time.
l still wnder if that stall out caused a diesel reciprocating reversal.

l certainly hope he does return because it is the resulting fix as opposed to the question that helps everyone out.
This should not be hard to fix beyond spotting the mystery.

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run
Thanks to all who contributed. I checked all the wiring that I could see. In addition, I was continually popping the 30 amp fuses by the dash and the starter was not cranking the engine enough for the engine to start. I gave up and took it to the shop. Loading a dead tractor on a flatbed is kind of a convoluted process. Thankfully the shop had a forklift to help lift the bucket when be pushed it off the trailer.
I apologize for not getting back sooner, but holidays and some older relatives needed other help that took time away from working not the tractor/internet.

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #16  
No worries. Family is important, way way more than a big hunk of steel and rubber. Please come back with a report for us…🤞

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #17  
I was using the loader to move gravel the other day and the tractor stalled out. I tried restarting it, but it would not turn over. The starter was turning, but it would not catch. Since it was close to dark, I left it where it was in the yard. I went out this morning to try to get it to start, but no luck. I then noticed that the dash lights and sensors are not coming on. I started to check the fuse box, etc. One of the 30A fuses was blown which I replaced. Still no luck. The starter will crank, but it will not catch. the glow plugs, or at least the indicator lights, will not come on unless I turn the key to the left and hold it.

Any ideas or is it time for a trip to the dealer because it is messed up?

thanks in advance for any help
I'm new to this forum experience and not sure how to use it but thought I'd ask since you have the same tractor as I do. I have a dash light that came on and no idea what it is for, it's red and above the Glow Plug light, next to the battery Light and it kind of looks like a fan with an arrow that appears to be a rotation direction.
I cant find this light anywhere using google or youtube, any idea what it might be? My fan seems to be working fine as far as I can tell.

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #18  
Have you checked the owner’s manual?

/ Mahindra Emax 20S won't start or run #19  
Have you checked the owner’s manual?
I bought it used and didn't get one. Since that post I did contact the dealer and she didn't know either... after a couple days she got back to me, it was indicator that the PTO was turning. Which is odd because I hadn't engaged the PTO and it wasn't turning, and I couldn't get it turning even by engaging it, so now that's a new problem.
Hoping it's a fuse issue for when I need the PTO now.