Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH.

/ Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH. #11  
I'll chime in, a year after we moved back to the countryside, I figured i needed a tractor. Almost 4 acres, not much but most is just pasture. Got a deal (yeah I know) on a cabelas branded tym 254. Roughly the emax. Got the belly mower, tiller and fel. Used the mower for 6 years. Was a PITA to remove and get back on. It really isn't a drive over, so it is a pull under. The PTO is hardest piece. And I do like the idea of pinning the ring back. I can get under and connect it, but it is so much pita. And it I want to till or move dirt I had to take it off....
I had the money last fall and bought a ferris ztr. I'm smiling now, the belly mower is in the corner.....

/ Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH. #12  
yea i hear you I tried to fire the butler also but just like you my wife said "no way Jose" until death do us part. I spent a lot of my young life astride of a Bolins riding lawn tractor, but our yard was flat (Houston area) and the deck never came off the tractor (come to think of it I do not remember ever sharpening the blades). Now on my current property the blades are scrap after a season and i cannot even fathom dealing with a MMM but that is me and i completely understand that others have different realities and have to do what is best for that reality.
We used to have a Bolens. Wisconsin engine. Wrap a rope around it to start. I was just a kid and had a lot to mow. Most times I tried that Wisconsin and gave up. The Clinton engine on the Yazoo push mower always started. It was not self propelled either.

/ Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH. #13  
We used to have a Bolens. Wisconsin engine. Wrap a rope around it to start. I was just a kid and had a lot to mow. Most times I tried that Wisconsin and gave up. The Clinton engine on the Yazoo push mower always started. It was not self propelled either.
yes i had a privilege childhood ours had electric start and was a riding mower. dependable thing, my father ended up fabing up a replacement mower deck after the original rusted to the point that we could not patch it and the tractor lived on for quit a few years. i still remember seeing it sitting at my parents home when they sold the place.

my current JD ZTM is great but no where as relaxed as ridding the bolins around a perfectly flat yard with the only worry being getting stuck in wet ground.

/ Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH. #14  
My father struggled for years with the MMM under the Ford that I list prominently in my signature. (First tractors never leave your memory)
When I was old enough it was always "Alright come help me put this mower back on." It was much grunting, blocks of wood and words I wasn't supposed to know to put it on.
After twenty years, finishing getting my sister and I through college (And finally letting the dealer talk him into it)
He bought a Hustler zero turn and never looked back. For as stubborn as the old man is, he admits that he should have done it years ago.

/ Mahindra emax 22 hst pto: OUCH. #15  
My father struggled for years with the MMM under the Ford that I list prominently in my signature. (First tractors never leave your memory)
When I was old enough it was always "Alright come help me put this mower back on." It was much grunting, blocks of wood and words I wasn't supposed to know to put it on.
After twenty years, finishing getting my sister and I through college (And finally letting the dealer talk him into it)
He bought a Hustler zero turn and never looked back. For as stubborn as the old man is, he admits that he should have done it years ago.
lol my father is the same way my sister talked him into a kubota ZTM and he cannot stop telling me how much better it is.