Mahindra eMax25L HST blows fuses when starting

/ Mahindra eMax25L HST blows fuses when starting
Thanks, Ruffdog! We had seen those threads on this forum in our search. Unfortunately I believe the max is made by a different manufacturer than the emax L series, so that wiring diagram isn't right but it may still be helpful in giving me an understanding of how these things work. Wires behind the ECU is an interesting thought, all the wires going into the ECU are on connectors but I don't know what's back there. I'll have to have another look at it.

/ Mahindra eMax25L HST blows fuses when starting #12  
So, put a multimeter on the side of the fuse terminal that doesn't lead to the battery and on ground? Seeing as it only blows fuses in the start position, I think I'd have to have a helper hold the key in the start position while I did that. That's a good idea, though. Thank you.
Yes but I got the impedance way off.
Greater than 0.3 ohms is the target.

I get no continuity at all between the fuse terminal and ground, even when turning the key to the start position.

/ Mahindra eMax25L HST blows fuses when starting #14  
Seems to me that a 40A fuse blowing would not be a problem between the ignition switch and the solenoid but the starter itself. Something's pulling >40A, which would be the starter - could there be a short in there?

I guess a short could also pull > 40A. The starter itself has a direct link to the battery with no fuse.

I wonder if it could be the starter relay?

/ Mahindra eMax25L HST blows fuses when starting #18  
I tested the relay with a multimeter and it seemed good, the coil was offering a decent amount of resistance and there was no continuity across the switch. Nevertheless, I found what looks like an equivalent relay on Amazon, so I ordered one.

The glow plugs appear to have their own 50A fuse.

It sure would be nice to have a schematic for this!