Mahindra Mforce 100S

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #21  
I wanted to ask you even though its totally off topic. What made you decide to go with the Mahindra 4035? I know why i would but from your consumers perspective what made you decide?

From my experience on my land I knew needed something 5000+ pounds to make traction, something in the 40HP size range to fit where I needed, HST to "crawl" into these places I needed it to fit, and that was also a capable dirt mover with good hillside stability. Some of the main "selling points" for me was the way the subframes for the loader and hoe connected to the tractor itself. The subframes are all tied into the front and rear of the tractor, all mounted very low which helps lower the center of gravity. It had larger tires than comparable models allowing more weight down low when loading them. As stated above, in my research I had learned that Perkins has been a heavy influence on the current Mahindra engines and the induction and emission systems are all Bosch, so all that was considered a "positive" (not that I have anything except a lack of experience with Mahindra built motors to "hold against" them, so this was more of a "feel good" than anything). One of the final things that swayed my decision was the beefy built front axle. I saw in an old press release for the 4035 and it stated the front axle was rated at 2.5 ton. When I couldn't find specs on others I went to local lots and laid down under them and compared; in my opinion the 4035 had twice the front axle of other units of similar sizes on other lots. Another comparison I made was the price at which I could buy common replacement parts such as the various filters, alternator, and starter, Mahindra was average or better on these types of items. Another considering was the overall number of parts. Not having things like full tierIV with DPF or Turbo or any of the other things that increase complexity, should (with all other things being equal) equate to less things to break, go wrong, or need maintained.

Three of the determining factors that didn't have so much to do with the tractor itself was: First, what was in stock at the various dealers local to me. Another manufacturer may have had another tractor more capable for my needs, I don't think so but I don't know for sure, all I researched was what was on dealer lots local to me. Second, implement selection. This being my first tractor I was in need of a variety of implements. The local Mahindra dealer had the best selection of implements of any of the dealers at the time. Third, the Mahindra dealer is also one of the closest dealers, 10.8 miles from my place on the same road as my place.

I'll even go a step further and tell you how well it's done for me. After an initial hiccup with the 3 point lift that was cured at the dealer over a weekend (told it was an assembly issue from the factory, there is a thread here on it), the machine has performed flawlessly except one sputter I'm at this point calling a fluke. If it happens again I'll consult the dealer. While using the mower running at PTO speed the engine once sputtered and acted like it was going to cut out for about 10 seconds then continued on just fine. I've read other threads that have described the same issue and stated an injection timing issue may be at fault (at this point I think it may have just sucked some air in the fuel line, I was on an extreme incline at the time). Beyond that the machine performs exceptionally well in all the tasks I've put it to use doing. I'm beyond the 50 hour service interval, about half the time has been moving dirt, half the time cutting brush and grass. I've had it on hillsides that have generally caused too much pucker on most machines to operate on. Heck, I've had it on hillsides too steep for IT to operate on, I've slid down hills in every direction imaginable; the machine is very stable. I've accidently gotten into some mud I thought for sure was going to swallow the tractor whole. I was mowing along and the front of the unit sunk about a foot all at once until the FEL hit and buried. Lifted the FEL and didn't sink any more so I thought I'd give it a try (the wet spot couldn't have been more than 20 feet across). I shut down the PTO and raised the cutter, started forward and the whole unit pitched to the right, but pulled right through just fine. Ended up deep enough the step up to the operator platform was submerged and even at full height I submerged and dragged a good bit of the right side of the cutter in the mud.

If I had to complain about something with the machine, I'd have to say the "stops" for the gear ranges aren't "positive" enough. For those reading and not knowing the layout, the range shifter goes Low, Neutral, Medium, High. Sometimes while changing ranges, Medium can be a little difficult to hit. It seems to like Low, Neutral, and High ranges the best. You get more of a feel for it and it is less of an issue once you've used it a half dozen times... A hinged PTO cover-shield would have been nice too...

Last edited:
   / Mahindra Mforce 100S #22  
I was quoted $54000 for the Mforce 100 last year. That's with FEL. I'm almost certain it was the 32 speed too. Whole lot of tractor! Also looked at the 8560 cab and was quoted $45,000 on it.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #23  
More speed options - esp extending down to creeper range is good. A high end tractor should offer sub mph capability at at least mid rpm so that hyd is fully active.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #24  
I mostly agree, but I think ANY tractor should provide good crawling capabilities while in their optimum power RPM range... Tractors already increase the speed of a job by doing more than man can do with his arms and legs. To me being able to work very slow with extreme precision and power is more important than top speed.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #25  
I mostly agree, but I think ANY tractor should provide good crawling capabilities while in their optimum power RPM range... Tractors already increase the speed of a job by doing more than man can do with his arms and legs. To me being able to work very slow with extreme precision and power is more important than top speed.
Says the guy with HST. :wink: Darn right. The gear drives need the creepers for this and still cant match the 0 to 2 or 4mph continuity that is invaluable. Anytime I am using full force with the loader I want a creeper or lo range HST. I have to run the 12 spd 7520 at lo idle to get sub mph. Tires still dig a hole and loader is slooww. Give me a lever that goes to a creeper and advances the throttle to mid rpm. Our 8 speed Kubs arent bad ~ kinda creepy in lo range. Full force and hyd but spin is so slo that you can take a long time manipulating the bucket without the wheels digging holes.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #26  
Exactly why I chose my current tractor. But on my next purchase I'll be wanting a gear drive, but slow speeds at PTO RPMs are important to me for that too because I'll be pulling a baler on hillsides where too much of a bounce is the difference between a good day or righting a tractor back to its tires.

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #27  
Most any 8 or more spd tractor will have a ~1.5 mph gear. Our baling speeds usually range up from 2mph on the worst terrain that can grow hay. Worse than that i dont even want to disturb the ground by running AGs over it. :confused3:

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #28  
I wanted tohave a little more understanding before i responded. After gaining some more info in regards to the perkins engine I have found that this was the best motor that is available for what Mahindra wanted to do with the 100HP. they designed and built the Mforce 100P & S around the perkins engine. like it was stated earlier we all know the reliability of a Perkins. The current 2013 Mahindra 100S & P models are actually tier 3. in the next few years Mahindra will introduce their own tier 4 complaint engine which will not offer a DPF filter on any of there engines.

I thought this is a TYM built machine, not Mahindra. Yes Mahindra gave them specs they wanted it to have that the TYM does not. But it's still a TYM built machine, just like the 10 series. It will be interesting to see how they remove soot without a DPF. Mazda claims that there new skyactive diesel does not need diesel exhaust fluid (DEF). It was supposed to be in the USA for the 2013 model year. As far as I know it has not met the standards yet

/ Mahindra Mforce 100S #29  
The Mahindra dealer just told me he will be getting 3 more Mforce 100s with teir3 and anything after them will be teir4 tractors.