mahindra quality

/ mahindra quality #11  
When tractor shopping, if you dont test at least ALL the ones that are supported in your area you are doing a dis-service. Kioti, kubota, mahindra, CNH, massey, deere, they ALL make good tractors. But they are all different and how they fit and what they cost matters more than what color, cause like I said, they are all good.

/ mahindra quality #12  
LD1 said:
When tractor shopping, if you dont test at least ALL the ones that are supported in your area you are doing a dis-service. Kioti, kubota, mahindra, CNH, massey, deere, they ALL make good tractors. But they are all different and how they fit and what they cost matters more than what color, cause like I said, they are all good.

Good post.

/ mahindra quality #13  
Good post.

:drink:

Regardless of how we sometimes get carried away comparing mahindras to kubotas in other threads, this is truly how I feel. And exactally what I did when shopping. Unfortunatally kioti or mahindra arent well represented in my area. Only kubota, deere, and CNH:mad: Otherwise, theres a good chance I may have ended up with a mahindra or kioti :rolleyes:

/ mahindra quality #14  
I envy people that have large selections to choose from. We have JD that usually only has a few smaller tractors,:( a Kubota-New Holland dealer that only carries Kubota:mad: and a Massey-JD dealer that only has a few smaller tractors. :( If I want to see anything else, it's a days trip at the minimum. :weepy:

/ mahindra quality #15  
:drink:

Regardless of how we sometimes get carried away comparing mahindras to kubotas in other threads, this is truly how I feel. And exactally what I did when shopping. Unfortunatally kioti or mahindra arent well represented in my area. Only kubota, deere, and CNH:mad: Otherwise, theres a good chance I may have ended up with a mahindra or kioti :rolleyes:
I had the exact same local selection and none had all the specs I wanted in 2005. The 7520 did - and at a decent price so I bought it untried from afar. I hope it continues to behave like a tractor and break everything I attach it to. :D
larry

/ mahindra quality #16  
I envy people that have large selections to choose from. We have JD that usually only has a few smaller tractors,:( a Kubota-New Holland dealer that only carries Kubota:mad: and a Massey-JD dealer that only has a few smaller tractors. :( If I want to see anything else, it's a days trip at the minimum. :weepy:

Envy? Perspective. Even your "name" shows how much you treasure where you live. It must be totally beautiful and quiet. And you seem to have amassed your own "dealership," based on your tractor description...:D

I'd say u r very blessed, and no doubt u put alot of sweat equity into that blessing, as well.

I mean, come on... look at my "name." What does that tell u? :mad: :eek:

/ mahindra quality #17  
I have two Kubota dealers within 30 minutes. Both have been in business as long as I can remember. Made my mind up based on this fact. Others change brands often and offer little service. Both Kubota dealers are full service and good people.

/ mahindra quality #18  
Response to Dave: It is a 4510. It is a 2004 model, I bought it in 2008 with about 925 hours on it when I checked my records. I put 150 hours on it in the last 4 years. When I got it I changed all fluids, oil, radiator, hydraulic, trans etc. and all filters including the cabin filters. I have no idea of the prior owner or its usage.
The cooling design in my opinion and others with the same tractor is inadequate and deficient. The radiator is small and the battery and the windshield reservoir are in front of the radiator and blocks about 2/3s of the radiator. I have moved (lowered) the battery and removed the windshield reservoir so there is more airflow to the radiator but it still gets too warm after about 40 minutes. All new coolant hoses and belts were added and it still runs warm after 40 minutes even after idle. The dealer is installing an after market electric fan to help.
I was concerned about a potential head gasket leak but was assured upon checking that it was a small leak at one of the hoses. They also used dye and a sniffer and have assured me there is no internal leak.
Just a poor cooling design I think. When I changed the antifreeze it was clean with no rust or sediment and I have since changed it twice since 2008 and added water pump lube, anti rust and water wetter.
One mechanic wanted to pull the radiator and have it rodded etc. and the other said his checking found it to be clean and not the source of the problem. I said to do whatever is necessary I just want my tractor to work and get returned. It has been there for over 60 plus days. I have concern about the bill and have asked what is involved to date but have never received that.
I have some concern about duplication as it seems various mechanics work on it and then another and a piece at a time is tried with long delays in getting parts and each does what the other before did.
The last mechanic to work on it seems more old school and I think things are progressing better with him. I had alot of mowing planned this summer and other work and you can imagine the foliage has gotten pretty high since there has been no mowing since May.

/ mahindra quality #19  
Thanks Yanmars for the thorough response. It sounds like you take good care of your equipment. There is no excuse for having that tractor out of service for a couple of months. If we keep a tractor for a week I get nervous and at two weeks there isn't much that can't be done. Of course there are exceptions where one thing leads to another and parts are ordered over a period of a week or two as things get complicated...but your deal does not sound that hard.

I would for sure have the radiator rodded out. You just can't tell for sure if it is clean down inside and if a tractor is several years old and has heating issues, I'd want to get that done. It isn't that expensive.

We only sold a handful of 4510 cabs and they were into snow country, so we have no experience with over heating on them. I know around that era some of the 4110's that were used for mowing would clog the radiator fins quickly, causing over heating if the fins were not cleaned out rediculously often. Almost like they were the perfect size to catch crud and not let it through or keep it out either.

I think if I had a tractor that was out of warranty and if all other heating issues were ruled out (thermostat, water pump, head gasket, radiator cap, shroud, fan clearance) and it still caused me grief, I would have a custom radiator built with an extra row or so of fins and probably with larger fin spacing if I was mowing a bunch. Or if capacity seems adequate and air flow is an issue I'd think about an additional fan, electric, probably pushing from the front.

The new 5010's run very cool. Almost too cool in some applications. So this current generation of 10 series cabs has solved that. I think it may be smart to look at yours compared to a 5010 and see what is different. Perhaps a 5010 radiator could be fit into the 4510, if in fact it is bigger or designed differently?

I think you need to sit down with the owner of your local Mahindra dealership and ask him for a plan and a timeline.

Best of luck.

/ mahindra quality #20  
My last post on this. I got my tractor back today after 67 days. I was not unhappy with the work or the $90 per hour labor charge but what made me unhappy was there was only 11.5 hours of labor on the job and a good deal of that came after I was down at the dealership personally last Thursday.
I was without the use of my tractor that I needed a good part of the summer, that many hours over that amount of time only averaged about 10 minutes a day. I would have thought they could have devoted some time to have gotten it done earlier.