mahindra quality

/ mahindra quality #21  
Agreed. Pls tell us what they did to fix it. Is it fixed?
larry

/ mahindra quality #22  
I agree with your view, yanmars.

Maybe DavesTractor can pay them a visit, and teach them how to be a GOOD dealer.

There are other dealers that would benefit from a Dave tutorial or two... or three... etc...

Glad u got it back.

/ mahindra quality #23  
The main thing it would run warm after about 40 minutes even at idle. They put in all new belts, hoses, antifreeze, thermostat and blew out the radiator debris with air from between the fins. It still ran warm. It was checked for a head gasket leak with a sniffer. No internal or external leak. It still ran warm. They added an aftermarket push electrical fan. To mount it they removed the condenser in front of the radiator and found even after repeated air cleaning that dirt was trapped and hidden behind the AC condenser.
It now runs in the mid range. The problem is that if you just ran it in a clean enviornment there is sufficient cooling but with its design if you mow in any tall weeds the seeds and chaft clog it up quickly and it is difficult to keep clean. I added a furnace filter in front of the tractor to try to catch dirt before it gets to the radiator.
The other issue was the AC itself. They added some charge and dye and could not find a leak but it just does not seem to have the capacity to do the job. It was almost unbearable and today was only in the high 70s. When it gets really hot I just remove the doors.
Mahindra may make some fine tractors but I do not think the 4510 is one of them.

/ mahindra quality #24  
PS They also put on a new radiator cap.

/ mahindra quality #25  
PS I also lowered the battery to let in more airflow and removed the windshield washer coolant reservoir as that blocked the radiator. All this to be increased air flow and remove blockages.

/ mahindra quality #26  
There's been quite a debate going on in a coolant change frequency thread in the Kubota forum... It's worth a read, even if it may not be related to your challenges.

/ mahindra quality #27  
It has been changed three times now in the last four years and water wetter and anti rust and water pump lube added.

/ mahindra quality #28  
Sounds like the cooling system is to small. Like my 454 Chevelle I had to go woth a 4 core radiator, a flex fan, a 160% thermostat and a fan shield.

/ mahindra quality #29  
Yanmars, I don't know if this will help but. In the past I have run across new thermostates that were bad out of the box. Drop in simmering water to test, if they open they are good. As a last resort have you tried pulling the thermostate and seeing if it runs cooler?

/ mahindra quality #30  
I agree with your view, yanmars.

Maybe DavesTractor can pay them a visit, and teach them how to be a GOOD dealer.

There are other dealers that would benefit from a Dave tutorial or two... or three... etc...

Glad u got it back.

Thanks madmax, but remember that it is always easier to give free advice from a keyboard then to actually fix the machine....we run into our challenges as well. But It seems like they took a 2 day job that could have taken a week or 10 days because of parts perhaps and just let it sit. Seems the customer is reasonable and not hard to get along with. Also seems the tractor is not truly fixed yet. I'm not sure the radiator fin spacing issue is solvable without changing radiator cores or somehow capturing the small stuff before it gets to the radiator.

For years I mowed my orchard with an old Ford 5000. It had wide fin spacing in the radiator and stuff just went right through it. I mowed for years without issues with just the occasional air gun blowout to the fins to make me feel better. But on many modern radiators they clog quickly. I understand that the close tube/fin spacing is really efficient at dissipating heat, but only so if air can get through. Great on a car, no so much on a tractor. Just my thoughts.