Mahindra

/ Mahindra #1  

JamesB

Tractor
Mahindra 4110
Well, after lurking around for a couple of months, I finally bought myself a tractor. I purchased a Mahindra 4110 with a FEL for $16,800 new! delivered. It is a heavier tractor than most of the others that I looked at, 3968lbs. plus FEL and water in tires. I talked to two different dealers here in Ga. and they have sold a total of 560 , 4110 being the most popular /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif over the last year. Sounds like serious competition to me!

/ Mahindra #2  
Sir, you are one fortunate puppy! I'm "red" with envy. I myself am about a year and one big diamond anniversary ring away before I dive in. But I've been researchin' for quite some time and pound for pound, dollar for dollar, everything is coming up Mahindra.

And the cost is a steal! Maybe I should fly down to GA and drive one back up to VT. Keep us posted on how she performs over the next couple of seasons.

What plans to you have for her?

r-y

/ Mahindra
I have about 20 acres that I can play on! I was born on a large farm and we had Farmalls, Fords . I was really suprised to find out after looking at the big name tractors that something like a Mahindra appears to be of equal quality if not better for a lot less money. I plan on clearing out some of the woods and cultivating some of the open land.

P.S. r-y buy her a tractor instead of a diamond, she will probably let you use it!!

/ Mahindra #4  
James, If you don't mind, what dealer in GA did you buy from. I purchased a Mahindra 2810 w/FEL almost 2 yrs ago and have been very happy with it. I am now very close to upgrading the 2810 to the 3510 w/FEL. From all the literature and the dealer, the 3510 and 4110 are the same tractor. The difference of course is the engine, and the tires. The weight and load limits, transmission, and frame is the same. I also live in GA, just north of Atlanta.

/ Mahindra #5  
West -

Although a lot of the specs are the same, the engine & tires have a lot of consequential effects on other aspects. e.g. ground clearance, turning radius, speed @ rpm, and weight. Some of these things are "better" in the 3510 while others are "better" in the 4110. (one of the nice things about my manual is that is shows the details for both. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Out of curiosity, why are you more interested in the 3510 than the 4110?

/ Mahindra #6  
r-y buy her a tractor instead of a diamond, she will probably let you use it!!

Not a bad strategy. However, I'm hoping Mahindra will come out with some sort of 24k incentive plan. They have diamond mines in India, don't they?

What implements are you eyeing to clear out the woods? A fellow TBN devotee introduced me to Farmiwinch. I have aoubt 7-8 acres of old pines to move. When the time comes that and an FEL will be mandatory...and perhaps a backhoe. Did somone say anniversary band to go with that ring? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

r-y

/ Mahindra
R-Y
I have a Stilh 029 chainsaw. I also make wooden bowls on the lathe so I will use a lot of the wood doing that. I also made a backhoe from caddigger plans a few years ago. I may modify it to fit onto the tractor for digging stumps etc. Here is an idea give her a wooden bowl with a set of tractor keys in it!

/ Mahindra
Out Back Tractors in Cummings Ga.
Ask for Robert Tinsley , tell him I sent you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Mahindra #9  
I also got a great deal from Robert at Outback Tractor. He has taken good care of me after the sale.

I have 128 hours on the machine now. It has performed very well. I recommend the tractor and the dealer to someone looking for a tractor.

/ Mahindra #10  
James, I also purchased my 2810 at Outback. Fine people there. I know Robert very well. That is where I will trade up when I do so.

Ranchman,
I was just looking at the cost diffeerence between the 3510 and 4110 since they are basicly the same tractor.

Just saw the new Mahindra 2810 tractor HST. Nice looking tractor. Beside the HST, there have been several other changes around the steering console (that I like). This HST model also supports the same size tires as the 3510 which gives it more ground clearance.