Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #11  
When I was a boy, my family inherited a CJ2a with a property we bought. The plaque under the hood said, '1946 CJ2a.'

I learned to drive it when I was 6-years old, I could always get it running and I'm told it was challenging to get me out of it to come inside and eat.

It was stolen in the early '80s and I sure wish I could have it back.

Loved seeing your web site.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #12  
From the linked site:
the baler is a New Holland Model 76. It is unusual in that it is a left-hand pick-up.

I'd be more likely to believe that the jeep is right-hand-drive and the picture is flipped.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #13  
Did right hand drive jeeps exist in the 40's and 50's?
I live in a right hand drive country and the only jeeps that age I have seen are left hand drive.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep
When I was a boy, my family inherited a CJ2a with a property we bought. The plaque under the hood said, '1946 CJ2a.'

I learned to drive it when I was 6-years old, I could always get it running and I'm told it was challenging to get me out of it to come inside and eat.

It was stolen in the early '80s and I sure wish I could have it back.

Loved seeing your web site.

Before I started showing our Farm Jeep, I wouldn't have believed a 6 year old could drive a Jeep. I've heard enough stories and had techniques shown to me that I believe it was fairly common. I'm going to do an article on women and kids and the Farm Jeep in the future.

If you can't have the original you could still have a CJ2a. Check out eWillys.com to see that Jeeps available around the country.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #16  
something new every day. Until I stumbled upon this thread, I had no idea that the Jeep Willy was used like a tractor. It has a pto on it? neat.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #18  
Before I started showing our Farm Jeep, I wouldn't have believed a 6 year old could drive a Jeep. I've heard enough stories and had techniques shown to me that I believe it was fairly common. I'm going to do an article on women and kids and the Farm Jeep in the future.

If you can't have the original you could still have a CJ2a. Check out eWillys.com to see that Jeeps available around the country.

You inspired me to find a picture and sure enough, odds are if there was a picture of the thing, I was in the drivers seat...

JohnVirginiaJeep.jpg

They were really tiny vehicles and I had patio furniture cushions to boost me and help me reach the pedals.

Occasionally my sisters would 'steal' it from me.

BeckyJanJulieJeep.jpg

Looks like 10 grand could buy another... maybe someday. :thumbsup:

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep
Great photos. It was shots like that got Evan and me looking for a Jeep. Even though my father-in-law had a Jeep with a Monroe lift, we didn't start outlook for a Farm Jeep. The 47 2a came with a PTO and that got us started. $10K will buy you a nicely restored 2a, but you can find a solid running Jeep for a lot less. Just have to keep looking.

Going to PM you.

/ Making hay with a Willys Farm Jeep #20  
I'd like to see some Jeeps getting firewood and or logs out.