Making money with your tractor

/ Making money with your tractor #21  
bgott,
<font color=blue>What makes you think that? I might read it, you might read it. Figure it this way, there is still a whole bunch of people in Florida that can't seem to figure out a simple thing like casting or counting or figuring out how to turn in ballots!

<font color=black>Yeah - but they lost. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif I just saw on the news yesterday, they still have serious problems. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif. How many years have they had to figure this out? How many more are they going to need?

Nick

/ Making money with your tractor #22  
RE: Florida; why is it only the democrat control counties that have problems, Real problems or planned problems to have campain issues for Nov.

/ Making money with your tractor #23  
It all depends on what jury you get /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif There have been some pretty nutty decisions by jury and judge. Still, better safe with written contracts VS. oral agreement with no witnesses.

/ Making money with your tractor #24  
MR,
You'll get no arguement from me on that point.

/ Making money with your tractor #25  
How complex or detailed would a damage waiver need to be? Keeping the waiver simple may prevent someone from saying they did not understand. I have been asked several times to install wildlife food plots but have always hesitated since it involves trailering. Now I wonder how to protect yourself. No good deed goes unpunished.

/ Making money with your tractor #26  
Yeah, just remember a verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on.

/ Making money with your tractor #27  
Most office supply stores such as Staples or Office Depot carry blank legal forms including waivers. I use a generic form that contains most of the basic legal terms, but leaves room to fill in specifics. For volunteer or freindship work I always use the terminology. This form addresses "Any and all damage incurred while my equipment or myself is engaged in activities at (specified address)".

This however does not apply to commercial work, nor is it a guarantee of the quality of finished work completed. For that there is lots of books out there on setting up a small business or you can consult a lawyer. Once you have the basic wording in place your insurance agent will usually help you with a free consultation also, as it serves to protect their intrerest as well.

One other thing to consider is if you are working along the property line. Make sure it is well etablished. And you or the person requiring the work to be done should talk to that property owner to eatablish any ground rules before you start. Remember that waiver doesn't apply past the property line.

/ Making money with your tractor #28  
One thing I do not believe anybody mentioned. example....The neighbour finds out that fibre op has been broken and will cost 50000 in liability. He goes to his insurance and his insurance pays. Then the insurance company not your nice neighbour comes after you. I guess we all know what insurance companies are like. Arseholes, ruthless thieves so if they can recapture some of there claim money they will.

The moral of the story is make sure you are insured. A big expense for small business for sure. I blow some snow, do some landscaping and firewood. Let me say it is not easy where I live to make a buck.

/ Making money with your tractor #29  
GaProperty for thread resuscitater! I am interested to hear how this plays out as well. I considered it but thought of the overhead liability and decided against it.

/ Making money with your tractor #30  
One thing I do not believe anybody mentioned. example....The neighbour finds out that fibre op has been broken and will cost 50000 in liability. He goes to his insurance and his insurance pays. Then the insurance company not your nice neighbour comes after you. I guess we all know what insurance companies are like. Arseholes, ruthless thieves so if they can recapture some of there claim money they will.

The moral of the story is make sure you are insured. A big expense for small business for sure. I blow some snow, do some landscaping and firewood. Let me say it is not easy where I live to make a buck.

WOW! How did you find a 12 year old thread (from a 1 post member at that!). :laughing:

Good advice about insurance, though. :thumbsup: