Marijuana Harvester???

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #52  
Go on You Tube and search Trailer Park Boys harvesting with Rita McNeil, LOL

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #54  
What a fascinating thread to revive after so long; it's interesting how things have changed, but so far as I understand it's still harvested by hand.

Now, the processing of marijuana, that has come a long way- if you've got the money.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #55  
Local apple harvest has been half of usual in the past two years. Unprofitable, after the high labor cost for pruning, thinning, propping, and harvest, as well as the cost of fertilizer, discing, spray, insurance. There is some chance the last local processor - producing apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, other cooked products - will close. That would shut us down.

I get occasional inquiries from realtors representing growers, looking to lease an acre or so of our orchard. Apparently our microclimate would be ideal.

Sis suggested the Oregon growers described below, could be a model if we chose to lease out a portion of the orchard.

No! The need for security would kill the solitude and peace we enjoy. This mature apple orchard is like a quiet park. It's going to stay that way regardless.

Last edited:
   / Marijuana Harvester??? #56  
Local apple harvest has been half of usual in the past two years. Unprofitable, after the high labor cost for pruning, thinning, propping, and harvest, as well as the cost of fertilizer, discing, spray, insurance. There is some chance the last local processor - producing apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, other cooked products - will close. That would shut us down.

I get occasional inquiries from realtors representing growers, looking to lease an acre or so of our orchard. Apparently our microclimate would be ideal.

Sis suggested the Oregon growers described below, could be a model if we chose to lease out a portion of the orchard.

No! The need for security would kill the solitude and peace we enjoy. This mature apple orchard is like a quiet park. It's going to stay that way regardless.

Yeah, you don't want to go down that road. The security for a commercial operation would ruin your serenity.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #57  
Yeah, you don't want to go down that road. The security for a commercial operation would ruin your serenity.

The requirements in CA vary by county but what I've seen in NorCal and southern Oregon for outdoor grown is mostly just tall fencing with opaque panels to block the view. Of course with any lease there will be people coming and going. And the fence still looks like its hiding an industrial complex.

Another problem with leasing to marijuana growers is that the market is highly unstable. I think it's even worse for outdoor grown which a lot of consumers look down on.

Plants for CBD or hemp which contain little to no THC may be under different regulations and at least for CBD may have a steadier market.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #58  
you can't harvest or process weed with a machine you just can't, there might be a way to harvest it with a machine but certainly not processes it if you do it would look like the weed mexico was producing in the 70's which was laterally a straw bail full of seeds... every leaf need to be cut and every stem from the nugget, then you need to watch for insect and what not, this process cant be mechanize.