Marijuana Harvester???

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #41  
Brings back that old tune I believe Jim Stafford sung..something about..setting there on those sacks of seed waving good bye to goverment man. ;)

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #42  
Thomas, these young fellars here probably haven't heard that one!:thumbsup:

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #43  
Egon.
Song only 35-40 years old tho. ;)

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #44  
i'm not sure but would harvesting it like tobacco work? as for the 105 tons i just heard on tv the payback from the smugglers was to kill people in a rehab hospital :mad:

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #45  
sort of the same type of "bud" as hops. speaking of hops....:thumbsup:

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #46  
Recent headlines such as "Mexican Authorities Seize 105 Tons of Marijuana" and CA trying legalize marijuana have me thinking. Are there such implements or machines made to harvest the "cash" crop? If it became legal even in just some states, Would JD and others start making balers?

By the way, I have zero personal interest in such. Just random wanderings.

I have seen recommendations on old John Deere drills for Hemp planting.

Roland Martin caught a bale of marijuana fishing off the Southern Coast one time. He dubbed it a "Square Grouper" and promptly practiced catch and release.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #47  
The Hearst family and the Duponts made enough stink to make it illegal.

The Hearsts were worried over all the acres of woodland they owned and when it was found that the hemp could be mechanically stripped and would actually make a better as well as cheaper paper! They just kept making it front page news!

About the same time the Duponts had just found how to make Rayon and Nylon and the hemp was again a cheaper solution. The Duponts had a relative that was made the drug czar for the USA and that is how they used their power to have it made illegal.

Now you'd have the drug industry fighting it being made legal as well!

Just goes to show, big government is bad as well as big business!

How much can you afford? Total savings to have it made legal with it being taxed, it would mean less prisons(fight the unions), Less police (fight the unions), Cut the size of the DEA and probably a couple of other branches of the government (fighting more unions).

Total, in about five years time (needed to stop feeding the system and desolve it) would probably average more then five billion savings a year in government spending conservatively!!!

Nice savings! Probably quite conservative!

Then there is the profit from the tax to consider for income! The government might not need to raise taxes for a week or two!!!

--- Marijuana should never be legalized as a recreational drug.

--- For medical use fine. And hemp for industry is also fine. But for use as a drug to "get high" it is not fine.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #48  
..and the best line on TV news was the police will destroy the 105 TONS worth over 300 MILLION.

Ya uhuh, sure we all believe that right. Looks like we have a bunch of new Federalie Millionaires.

Police always over-estimate the value of confiscated weed.

--- Compressed weed...is not primo' weed.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #49  
It would depend on the demand and market, but it's definitely something to think about. The more people need a cannabis prescription, the higher the demand.

/ Marijuana Harvester??? #50  
Should California legalize mary jane, it will still be illegal under federal law. That should result in some interesting cases.

The "implement" most used to harvest around here is called a "Chuy".

BTW - I plan to vote against legalization.

...but I wonder how well it would grow out here in the desert. Hmmmm.....
I'm sure they would find water for such an important crop as "weed".:D