Marketing Observation

/ Marketing Observation #1  

SpinyMouse

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti LK3054XS
As I was reading the various Kioti brochures I've gathered over the past week, I noticed something interesting about the CK20 brochure. It shows the tractor wearing ag sneakers on an immaculate lawn out in front of a suburban mansion. Does that mean Kioti believes the primary market for the CK series is well-off suburbanites? Why not picture it on a small farm or at a commercial nursery? If the intended market is the successful suburbanite who misses his Tonka trucks, then what does that say about engineering decisions made during the tractor's design? Anything?

The LK series brochures are much more utilitarian, as is the appearance of the tractors. Different intended market? What does this say about the LK tractors themselves?

I don't miss my Tonkas. I still have them right here in my basement. Every now and then, I even let my kids play with them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pardon my idle musings...

SpinyMouse
(Living where the suburbs end and the woods begin.)

/ Marketing Observation #2  
Not as I see it.To me it shows a BEAUTIFUL KIOTI TRACTOR that is built well enough for EVEN the RICH folk.
Remember,rich folk don't buy junk!

/ Marketing Observation #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Does that mean Kioti believes the primary market for the CK series is well-off suburbanites? )</font> I think someone at Kioti surely thought this would help add to their marketability to add the estate people. Probably an oversight not to put turfs on the tractor. I've found many problems with the way they've done marketing, with a lot of confusion over just what they are offering in certain cases. As in the case of the LK3054XS. It is not clear that the new TLB model will not have quick attach loader and backhoe, yet an engineer there assures me that is the case. The 3054XS tractor can use the older loader and backhoe which are quick attach, but would one know that from reading the website? Not exactly. It could be that they didn't put ANY thought into that CK20 brochure, but I think you had a vaild thought in what you posted. John

/ Marketing Observation
The Kioti web site careers section indicates that they are looking for a "Marketing Analyst Manager". The person will be:

"Responsible for coordinating and implementing all marketing functions in accordance with the company's marketing plans."

Seems to tie right in with what you were saying.

/ Marketing Observation #5  
SpinyMouse, I believe the brochure is directly aimed to compete with the bx23 brochure which is simular. And once the consumer compares, he gets a better tractor (spec wise) brochures are very important when shopping for tractors, and I believe Kioti had good marketing skills for this one. cag

/ Marketing Observation #6  
Charlie, don't you think they should have used turf tires though? Most BXxx models are shown with them. Not a big point, but I don't see many ag tires on estate tractors. John

/ Marketing Observation #7  
I lived in Korea for 2.5 years and never once saw a tractor. I did see those large tillers pulling a seated trailer. I even saw a rice planter once, just once. Most ag work that I saw was by hand, however where I was located was mainly a rice field region.

And after being exposed to Korean marketing I would have to say they put together a good campaign for their Kioti lineup. Mind you I said good not excellent. But I'm not surprised by their advertisements, brochures and comical owners manuals. This is one of those things where it is hard to explain unless you have been there.

Just my 1 cent on the subject.

/ Marketing Observation #8  
Kiotijohn I have the bx brochure here showing ag tires on the bx with an estate lot in the back grond. Iwill be scaning later so you guys can have a look at it. [painting right now] cag

/ Marketing Observation #9  
John I also think a tractor looks alot better with ag on a brochure than whith turf it seem to give it more muscle.Using turf simply removes that. Ofcourse turf should be use on estate lots. This coming from a guy that knows very little on tractors. What I'm curious to find out is the feedback Dewave will have with this one lol /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Marketing Observation #10  
John, tried to scan for about 1 hour its just not working it wont accept my post I guess you will have to take my word for it. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif This year brochure shows bx23 with ag tires

cag