Massey 1010

/ Massey 1010 #11  
I don't know a lot about that model. Having said that, I do know 3 different people that have that model. They all seem to like their tractors and have had them a long time. One of them did tell me that he thought the cost of a new water pump was awful, but I don't know how awful it was. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Massey 1010 #12  
I don't know a lot about that model. Having said that, I do know 3 different people that have that model. They all seem to like their tractors and have had them a long time. One of them did tell me that he thought the cost of a new water pump was awful, but I don't know how awful it was. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Massey 1010 #13  
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Since part of this post was in error, I've deleted it in its entirety. Thanks to Buppy69 for correcting the information in the next post.

Knute

/ Massey 1010 #14  
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Since part of this post was in error, I've deleted it in its entirety. Thanks to Buppy69 for correcting the information in the next post.

Knute

/ Massey 1010 #15  
The Hinomoto C174 is not the equivilent of the 1010, the C144 is. The 174 is on a larger frame and the engine is 3hp higher although some external engine parts interchange. I have a 1010 and just sold 2 weeks ago my C174. Had the 1010 for 16 years. No problems.

Eugene

/ Massey 1010 #16  
The Hinomoto C174 is not the equivilent of the 1010, the C144 is. The 174 is on a larger frame and the engine is 3hp higher although some external engine parts interchange. I have a 1010 and just sold 2 weeks ago my C174. Had the 1010 for 16 years. No problems.

Eugene

/ Massey 1010
Thanks for everyone's replies. Sorry for my delay, I've been out on business all week. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif luckily the tractor is still available. Going out tomorrow to see it and try it out.

Apparently what he told me over the phone is that when he bought it the tires were already cracking on the sides some. He said he has used it like this with no problems. I'll have to see it before I probably accurately describe it.

/ Massey 1010
Well I'm a new owner of a MF 1010 plus I got a 4' blade & a 4' hog along with the 54" mid mount mower and delivered for 3550. I got it Friday and got both of my fields cleared in about 5 hours or so. :)

I did manage to get it stuck once :(. There was a deep rut and I was in some fairly deep brush with a decent size sappling under me and got to where both rear wheels couldn't get get traction and couldn't move forward or backwards even with the differential lock on. So I unhooked the hog and put it in low 1st gear with the lock on. Then I did something I probably shouldn't have :(, but I got out and rocked the tractor which gave it some traction and got it unstuck. Anyone else done a similar thing or have I violated every safety rule in the book?

I then removed the mid mount mower and finished clearing the fields. I think having the mower on was the main reason I got stuck.

I have a question on the steering brakes. My left steering brake works great, almost turns it on a dime and completly stops my left wheel, but my right one does not do so well as the right wheel continues to turn. Is this a sign of not having the pedals tuned correctly or a sign of bad brakes or normal?

Also what is the biggest size brush/small tree you can safely brush cut with this tractor? I mowed over some probably up to 1" in diam. and up to 7 or 8' tall.

/ Massey 1010 #19  
A moving tractor with no one in the seat is never a good thing.