Massey 4707 power

/ Massey 4707 power #11  
i am confused about purchasing a mf 4707 tractor. i like the features, but not the headaches that may go with it. any replies to this will be appreciated. thanks tommy

/ Massey 4707 power #12  
I agree to a certain extent as I have a 4707 also. If the rpms are down, I agree it is gutless. If I set the preset to say 1100 rpms and start from there everything is good. Mine doesn't have the snap of the throttle like my Kubota 5140 had. What I mean is it reacts a lot like an over the road tractor, you nail the throttle and it climbs slower (compared to a gas job). My Kubota, you hit the throttle and it was quick response. It's taking me a while to get used to that and honestly not really sure I like it.

/ Massey 4707 power #13  
i am confused about purchasing a mf 4707 tractor. i like the features, but not the headaches that may go with it. any replies to this will be appreciated. thanks tommy
I don't think I really have any headaches with mine really. I think it's a good tractor, but it isn't perfect. I haven't owned one yet that was quite honestly. I think as I get more hours on it it will become like a 3rd arm to me. This is my 1st brand switch in quite a while so I expected a learning curve. At this point I think I would buy it again.

/ Massey 4707 power #14  
I do like the transmission and reverser. I also like that it has DOC for emissions and not DPF and or DEF. At 50 hours it went back to the dealer for an engine oil leak. It ended up being a loose bolt on the front cover. The 3 point hitch didn’t work properly either. Apparently they had to reprogram the computer. Now when it’s cold and you lift the 3 point hitch up the relief valve doesn’t function properly so it stalls the engine. If I keep the rpms up it doesn’t allow the loader to function until the relief valve functions. I hate to say it but I wouldn’t buy one. I have a Deere 5310 and 5510 and a Kubota m105s. All of them with power reverser transmissions and have at least 2000 hours and I haven’t had any issues with any of them.
Where exactly was the oil leakin? my 21 4707 with 70 hours just stared to get damp on the front of motor Under the alternator side

/ Massey 4707 power #15  
I'm in the 4707 club, but a newbie with only 15 hours on it so far. No significant complaints other than operating the 3pt hitch arms. Every tractor I've ever owned or used has a lever to raise or lower the arms. Easy. Simple. Fairly accurate.

This thing has the plastic thingy that takes the place of the mechanical lever...and then has the "draft control" knob on the right pillar. Apparently you have to use both to raise and lower the arms and for the life of me I don't understand why and certainly haven't mastered it yet, much to my chagrin.

Fine tractor otherwise and so far I'm glad I bought it. This is my third Massey (1540, 1643).

/ Massey 4707 power #16  
I'm in the 4707 club, but a newbie with only 15 hours on it so far. No significant complaints other than operating the 3pt hitch arms. Every tractor I've ever owned or used has a lever to raise or lower the arms. Easy. Simple. Fairly accurate.

This thing has the plastic thingy that takes the place of the mechanical lever...and then has the "draft control" knob on the right pillar. Apparently you have to use both to raise and lower the arms and for the life of me I don't understand why and certainly haven't mastered it yet, much to my chagrin.

Fine tractor otherwise and so far I'm glad I bought it. This is my third Massey (1540, 1643).
No, you certainly do not have to use both those controls to utilize your 3pt hitch lift. Check your owner's manual for 3pt lift operation and use of those levers. BUT... I am sure the draft control has a position (all the way back usually) which effectively puts Draft Control out of the picture. Then the Position control lever should operate 100% normally like any other tractor. I don't know if the newer 4700 series uses top link for draft sensing [versus some use lower links] . My MF2660 has/had it and that involved a big spring behind the top link anchor point. If you never ever use Draft control (e.g. for plowing or certain disk operations) then the draft control is just a nuisance. Massey sells a mechanical bypass that disables the Draft control on the 2650/60/70/80 tractors which just anchors the top link to the rear axle/frame and takes the big spring out of the picture. I installed that bypass on mine. More details of you want.