Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #11  
the DL100 uses same hose (SL103408) in 4 places, did have to replace one 2 yrs ago so I bought spare. spare still in cabinet in shed.

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #12  
Hi All, thanks for the replies - this helps out a ton... generally sounds like local shop hoses are as good or better than OEM and replace as needed, possibly in pairs or if in a dangerous location. I wasn't sure if they all tend to go around the same time, and it's now clear that isn't the case.

If I recall correctly, don't use teflon tape but do use some teflon thread dope compound? Are there standard torques that should be used for the attachment back to the tractor?

Most hydraulic hoses are self sealing. Occasionally you will come across one that’s NPT and needs sealer. I’ve had the best luck with the blue thread sealer. The black permatex is good stuff too. The basic white thread sealer isn’t as good IMO.

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #13  
My expierence is that you can probably have local hydraulic shop make your hoses for about half of what Massey dealer will charge for hose...

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #14  
My expierence is that you can probably have local hydraulic shop make your hoses for about half of what Massey dealer will charge for hose...
That's a pretty safe bet.

It would be a bad idea anyway, since the factory hoses are lighter duty, than most shops even stock.

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #15  
I inspect them every time I grease the fittings. So far had to replace two in the back.

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #16  
Here’s one of the 5 hoses I pulled off my dozer. It was still working and I’d have probably left it alone if it wasn’t likely to cause a fire if it blew. That hose is over 40 years old. I cut it in half and the inside layers actually looked pretty good.
IMG_6901.JPG
IMG_6904.JPG

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #17  
Here’s one of the 5 hoses I pulled off my dozer. It was still working and I’d have probably left it alone if it wasn’t likely to cause a fire if it blew. That hose is over 40 years old. I cut it in half and the inside layers actually looked pretty good.
That appears to be a 4 braid.

Some real heavy duty stuff.

/ Massey/Agco vs aftermarket replacement hydraulic hoses and replacement interval #18  
Here’s one of the 5 hoses I pulled off my dozer. It was still working and I’d have probably left it alone if it wasn’t likely to cause a fire if it blew. That hose is over 40 years old. I cut it in half and the inside layers actually looked pretty good. View attachment 856198View attachment 856199
As long as they are not exposed to sunlight, thats possible. Your hoses were obviously in the engine bay and quite protected.
Hoses on the loader are exposed to all kind of threats. Sunlight, physical impacts and constant movement.